Failing Pregnancy

Please help me interpret my semen report.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been married for two years now. We have been trying for baby since last one year, but not getting any positive result. We used to intercourse as per ovulation calculator, but my problem is that I can ejaculate only when she is on top. But, I failed to ejaculate in another position...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query with keen interest and reviewed the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the available description, it appears that there is no gross abnormality from the semen analysis point of view and you have sufficient sperms to i...  Read Full »

What is the meaning of failing pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,I had some symptoms like heaviness in stomach, frequent urination, breast tenderness and morning sickness. Last week when I took hCG blood test it was 11.34. My doctor advised me to repeat a test on couple of days and it was 9.26. I used to travel many hours to office. This week I did no...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The test result shows that you are pregnant. Any level of hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) more than 5 ng/dL indicates pregnancy. But, the follow up hCG levels are decreasing, so this must be a failing pregnancy. Please get an urgent ultrasound transvaginally to chec...  Read Full »

Why had my doctor suggested Dydrogesterone tablet for a month?

Query: Hi doctor, I did not get my periods last month. The actual due date was 15, but on the 22nd I got spotted. Then, I had a strip test, which came as positive. After four days, I went to my doctor for spotting and pain. My ultrasound report showed less than 5 weeks of pregnancy. There is no fetal sac a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The absence of fetal pole and irregular sac on ultrasound are an indicative of a chemical pregnancy. But, less than 5 weeks gestation is not to be considered as definite time to decide chemical pregnancy. Fetal heart rate and fetal pole have been seen arriving even by ...  Read Full »

I underwent tube ligation last year. How can I conceive now?

Query: Hello doctor,I undo tube ligation last year. I have been trying to have another baby since then but no luck. I am 43 years old and I have 3 girls. My last born is eight years old. I need help before it is too late. I am HIV positive for past 15 years. I had TB and got complete treatment. Currently, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.It would be better if you can send me your complete medical, obstetrics, gynecology, and drug history previous as well. If your menstrual cycles are regular and no menstrual irregularities like any intermenstrual post-coital bleed then you can easily have your all blood tes...  Read Full »

What are the possible consequences of a fetus without heartbeat?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is now 8 weeks and 5 days pregnant. She started to bleed three days back and felt little cramps. We had our first early trimester scan and they said that they are unable to detect fetus heartbeat. They arranged for another scan in some 15 days. She is taking Pregnacare Folic acid....  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she is 8 weeks and 5 days gestation as of today and still there has been no heartbeat or a fetal pole, then it is likely to be an anembryonic gestation or a chemical pregnancy with just the gestational sac. If the fetal pole and the heartbeat have not arrived t...  Read Full »