Hot Flushes

Why are my periods suddenly irregular after taking Femosten?

Query: Hello doctor,I commenced taking Femosten last month because I was not getting a period for the last six months. Prior to this, I got them intermittently for 12 to 18 months. For several months, I would just get my period for several consecutive months. My cycle has always been 28 days. My periods ne...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. What about hot flushes? Do you have them? And when is your scheduled appointment with GP? Do you have foul smelling discharge? Do you have weight loss or low-grade fever? Do you have a family history of cervical cancer? Please reply to my an...  Read Full »

My face becomes red when I talk to someone. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 21 years old and I have always been a shy person. When I was younger I used to sweat a lot because of it and I could barely speak with anyone. As I got older, I became more and more sociable, now I have got friends, I am getting along with everyone at work and I am feeling quite go...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problems you have mentioned like the history of shyness, palpitations and flushing of the face on talking with any new person, etc., are occurring most likely due to anxiety. This could be due to social anxiety. You are facing these problems in day to day routine...  Read Full »

Why do I have mood swings, hot flushes and low mood around my periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I have a diagnosis of autism. I have mood swings, feeling low/ depressed, which I do not know if it is related to my periods. People tend to notice more just before and during my periods (but also I do not know if it is partly frustration due to my living ci...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. Early on you got diagnosed with autism. It is caused by different combinations of genetic and environmental influences. Then thinking about that does not make any sense. If it is because of environmental conditions tha...  Read Full »

Why do I get anxiety and hot flushes at 4 PM everyday?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently was referred to a renal specialist for low sodium levels by my primary care physician. After a complete kidney workup, he said that they were functioning well. But, he changed my hypertension medicine from Lisinopril to Losartan and discontinued my diuretics. As a result, my...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am not sure why he was reluctant to put you back on Lisinopril when you had no real issues with it in the first place. Both Lisinopril and Losartan are sister medications but from two different groups that works pretty much in the same way. If your kidneys are tolera...  Read Full »

I experience severe breathlessness when I walk a bit. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, It started with loose motions 15 days ago and slight fever for few minutes, followed by severe sweating. Loose motions were controlled with some medications. After five days, suddenly I had whole-body flushing where the whole body felt hot from inside. It started from the head, cheeks,...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal

General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All complaints except allergic rhinitis appear to be related to anxiety and depression. Just relax, you are normal as far as your body is concerned. You can continue your depression medications. I suggest taking Fluticasone nasal spray, one spray in each nostril 12 hou...  Read Full »

Please suggest methods to control my hypertension.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been under medications for hypertension for the past five years. I am currently taking Zilance 40 and Ciplar 10. The random blood pressure reading is 140/100 and goes to around 160/100 at times. The current symptoms include excessive sweating, palpitations, anxiety, headaches, f...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Urinary VMA (vanillylmandelic acid) and Metanephrine tests are done to detect Pheochromocytoma, a kind of tumor, that causes hypertension in young persons, as well as facial flushing, headaches, and palpitations. Though it is rare, it is better to rule out pheochromo...  Read Full »

Which is the best treatment option for postmenopausal vaginal discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 52 years old female, who weighs 75 kg, and I am 152 cm tall. I have postmenopausal vaginal discharge with a fair amount of red spots. What could be the cause? I had my menopause 1.5 years back, and I have type 2 diabetes, hypothyroidism, and asymptomatic cholelithiasis from l...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Jagdish Yadav

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First, D and C (dilation and curettage) with cervical biopsy with acetic acid or Lugol's iodine should be done as you have postmenopausal spotting with thickened endometrium of 9 mm, with ass...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my headache during periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old female with no kids. I have a history of migraines. I have been experiencing more severe headaches that are lasting more around my period. I am also having cramps, which I have not had since I was a teen, along with being moody and always tired. I had laboratory test...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you tried to have children? The reason I ask is if you have tried and could not, then it would provide an insight into your problem. The migraines and cramps can be related to each other (endometriosis) or independent. I know how distressing a bad headache can get. I...  Read Full »