Importance Of Breastfeeding

Is it normal for baby motions to be loose?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is of 9 days old now. She is suffering from loose motion. I had given her Colicaid six drops in last 24 hours. She is only on breastfeed. Is it safe for her?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A baby can pass five to six stools in a day or can pass stool once in two days. Both are normal. Since, baby is on exclusive breastfeed chance of infection is very less. Briefly, your baby is normal. In my opinion, you should give prebiotic like Enterogermina (Ba...  Read Full »

Why is my baby vomiting after eating solids?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is just five and a half months old and yesterday I started her on solids. Before that, she was exclusively on breast milk. I gave her a packaged wheat and apple baby food. Two hours after she ate it, she vomited everything out. So, the rest of the day I just gave her brea...  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the age of five and a half months, a baby will sit only with support. Neck holding is attained only by three to six months. So, it is normal. About the feeding, the ideal time to switch to weaning foods is when the baby completes six months. Until then breast milk ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Carbamazepine while breastfeeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a mother of 1 month old baby, who is exclusively breastfed. My baby is healthy and gaining normal weight. The problem is that he sleeps a lot. I have been taking Carbamazepine and Eslicarbazepine tablets for partial seizures. Are these tablets safe while breastfeeding? When I consul...  Read Full »

Dr. Sonal Prasad

Childbirth Educator, Lactation Counselor, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your doctor is right. Carbamazepine can get secreted in breast milk and it is the safest antiepileptic during lactation. 1 month old baby sleeps a lot. They can sleep for about 18 to 20 hours a day. They will wake up only for feeds. As long as the baby is gaining weight, ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for inadequate breast milk secretion?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old woman. I have a three months old baby. I am giving formula milk for my baby from the first month, because from the beginning I did not have adequate milk secretion. Also, I am breastfeeding three to four times a day in between. As I had cold and light fever I stopped br...  Read Full »

Dr. Anindya Das

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You really have a serious problem. Lactation usually depends on sucking reflex. As the baby sucks the nipple it produces a hormone called prolactin in the mother's body which is responsible for milk secretion and this forms a cycle. As you have stopped breastfeeding, your...  Read Full »

My breast milk is not sufficient for my 33 days old son. Can I give him powder milk?

Query: Hi doctor, My second baby boy is 33 days old. I am breastfeeding him from birth, but now the breast milk is not sufficient for him. What should I do now? Shall I go for milk powders? Or is there any other way to increase breast milk production? Kindly advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two definite methods to ensure that the baby is getting adequate milk or not. They are: If the baby is gaining weight of 150 g or more per week, then the baby is getting sufficient milk. If the baby is passing urine more than 6 to 8 times a day (large amount), ...  Read Full »

My 45 days old baby is fussy and aggressive while I feed her. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby girl is 45 days old. She is fully breastfed. At many times, she seems to be fussy and aggressive while I nurse her. I rule out either the possibility of milk being too fast or too slow since on both occasions she seems to react the same. After being fussy, she appears to be on and...  Read Full »

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

General Practitioner, Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a common problem most mothers will face. The success of breastfeeding involves the participation of both mother and baby. Both of you have to learn to feed. I suggest you a few tips for a successful breastfeeding. Let your baby lie in a straight line. Both baby...  Read Full »

My 2 month old baby is crying a lot. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 months old baby is crying a lot. She is crying most of the day and is refusing mother's milk. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. If a 2 month old child is crying, then it could be due to pain in the abdomen due to colic. I suggest you start Colicaid drops (Dil oil, Fennel oil, and Simethicone), four drops thrice a day for three days. If the child is not taking ...  Read Full »

Newborn is passing motion nine to 12 times a day. Is it a worrisome condition?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 25 days old and passing motion nearly nine to 12 times a day. What should I do? Should I go for any drops? Is it a worrisome condition?  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son is absolutely alright. No worries. Following things are to be taken care. Baby should be exclusively breastfed. Ensure baby is passing urine adequately (five to eight times a day). Loose motions are normal in early days of life as it is a normal physio...  Read Full »

Being a lactating mother, How can I manage PIH through ayurveda?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a lactating mother. I have PIH. My kid is just 16 days over. Now, I am taking VilwadiLehyam 5 gram, Jirakadyarishtam 15 ml, and Dasamoolarishtam 15 ml before food without medical advice. Can I continue this? Currently, I am taking tablet Labebet 100 mg, Shelcal 500 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After delivery a mother needs care. She feels pain and tiredness. Also, an increase in metabolism help in the production of milk. To restore strength and stamina, you should take Jeevaneeya and Balya ayurvedic medicines. You need to do a regular massage. You are consu...  Read Full »

Please suggest formula milk for weight gain and overall development.

Query: Hi doctor, My baby has completed four months. Please suggest the best formula milk for weight gain and overall development.  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am assuming you are asking for formula milk for a four-month-old baby. May I suggest: The best thing will be to continue breastfeeding until six months of age. For a full term baby, I suggest Nestle NAN1 range - Nan Optipro HA 1 Gold. For a preterm baby Nestle P...  Read Full »