Betamethasone Dipropionate

Related Terms: Fusidic Acid, Itching, Moisturizer, Clobetasol, Clotrimazole, Fluconazole, Eczema

Is it safe to use Minoxidil continuously for male pattern baldness?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from male pattern baldness along with dandruff. Because of dandruff, I keep on itching my scalp. I consulted a doctor, and she recommended me to use Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion along with Adgain capsule and a mild medicated shampoo. I used these prod...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and understood your concern. As far as Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion is concerned, it is mainly given for dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis and hair fall due to it. It has no effect on androgenetic hair loss. Si...  Read Full »

I get red dots on my penis after masturbating or having sex. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I get red dots on my penis after masturbating or having sex. It becomes normal after applying Candid B cream and Fusidic acid on the penis. Again after having sex, the red dots, which are very small and sometimes they have a white center, are seen on the penis head. One more thing I w...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. With your description, it seems you have developed candidal balanitis. Red dots, which you described, are known as satellite lesions. I suggest you stop using Candid B (Clotrimazole and Betamethasone dipropionate), as it contains steroids. Do no...  Read Full »

I have a scaly patch on my scalp which does not go away. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a chronic 3 cm patch on my scalp, which has scales in it. If I remove these scales, gum-like liquid forms in that area and it dries to form the scales again. It reduces if I tonsure my hair and increases with hair growth. I do not have similar patches anywher...  Read Full »
Dr. Asiya Hafeez

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a partially treated lesion. From your description, your scaly scalp could be seborrhea or psoriatic plaque. An autoimmune disorder has probably caused it. Investigations to be done: Fasting lipid. Hepatitis B and C serology. Skin biopsy. Scraping for fungus. I su...  Read Full »

I have itchy skin rashes on my back that are now spreading. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, There is an area on my back that started as a rash and it has now spread and it continues to itch. What should I do? This has been there for approximately two months. I have attached photos for your reference.  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see several dark nodular lesions on the back. I would keep a possibility of nodular prurigo or hypertrophic lichen planus. I suggest you use a topical ultr...  Read Full »

What causes itchy spots with pus?
Query: Hello doctor, My 15 month old baby is having spots with pus. It is itchy and scaly. The spots have increased in a week. It seems to heal, but then they appear in other region. I have attached the photos. Kindly check them. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You child has atopic eczema (atopic dermatitis). He scratched it a lot and so the lesion got infected. Basically, two things have to be in mind. First, we need to treat atopic ecz...  Read Full »

What should I do to reduce the hyperpigmentation and dark circles under my eyes?
Query: Hello doctor, I had undergone a Co2 laser treatment around my eyes about three and half years ago. Now, I am left with dark circles under the eyes along with hyperpigmentation and redness. About one and half weeks back, the doctor prescribed me a cream that has Kojic acid 1%, Glycolic acid 5%, Beta...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and reviewed the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest you a moderately potent topical steroid like Fluticasone propionate 0.05% cream, twice daily for a few days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with h...  Read Full »

Topical Corticosteroids for Skin Conditions
Article Overview: Topical corticosteroids are the cornerstone therapy for many inflammatory skin conditions. So, a judicious use of topical steroids is necessary. This article guides us regarding the proper use of topical steroids in dermatological conditions and its ill effects on the skin and body.  Read Article »

What Are Corticosteroids? Corticosteroids are naturally-occurring or synthetic compounds with cyclopentanoperhydrophenanthrene ring. The major naturally occurring corticosteroid is cortisol, which is synthesized by the adrenal cortex. The synthetic corticosteroids are of different types and are used ...  Read Article »

Why am I getting some white fluid from the infected part of finger?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I have been getting white fluid from the infected part of my finger. I do not know how it got infected. I have this for the last one month. I used antibacterial ointments, but still it is not getting healed rather it is getting more and peeling away.  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you wear rings on that finger or used to wear before? Please send the image of that finger. Do you have any itching problem in other parts of the body or similar lesion? Please tell me the name of the ointment you used before. Revert back with the answers to the above...  Read Full »

There is itching and accumulated dirt in my foreskin. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having itching and some accumulated dirt in my penis foreskin. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be smegma (buildup of dead skin cell between foreskin and penis). Send me clear pictures to help you out with the problem. Follow up with the pictures to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Is it possible to control sebopsoriasis?
Query: Hi doctor, I have flaky skin on my scalp. My doctor told me it is sebopsoriasis. The flaking is limited to the scalp, and my doctor has prescribed Folitrax 5 mg and Aprezo 30 mg. I am having this problem for about four to five years. I am able to control flaking in the scalp by washing with shampoo...  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query. Yes, it can be controlled with medications. But, unfortunately, you may experience frequent exacerbations due to stress or steroids or specific medicine or due to a sore throat. Mix one part of Betamethasone lotion with two part of an oliv...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Betamethasone Dipropionate? We have medical experts to help you right away.