Brown Spots

Related Terms: Melanoma, Dental Scaling, Fungal Infection, Diarrhea, Skin Biopsy, Sunscreen, Genital Warts

I have brown spots on nose for two weeks. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have brown spots on my nose for two weeks. It keeps on appearing more and more. I have tried to apply drops of lemon juice but it does not disappear. I have been experiencing painful upper middle back pain.  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Please do not try any more home remedies as we do not know these can react with skin and in such condition, the skin will be initially red and later heal by more hyperpigmentation. So please avoid these. Just apply sunblock like Neutrogena...  Read Full »

Is this brown spot I developed, a wart or a symptom of HPV?
Query: Hello doctor, A few months ago, a doctor told me that I had a genital wart. It looked like a flat mole to me. Eventually, it was removed. I want to know if this brown spot I developed recently is also a wart or a symptom of HPV.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Genital wart is caused by a virus, human papillomavirus (HPV). It is contagious, can spread from one person to another and can also spread to surrounding areas of the skin. I saw the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a flat brown...  Read Full »

Does small light brown spot mean pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been on the Levlen ED pill (combination pill) for two months, and this month on day 12 of my cycle, I had sex (he put it in, for 10 seconds before I changed my mind and said no ejaculation) and my period is due tomorrow. But today I noticed a small light brown spot on my pantie...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have been on oral contraceptive pills since last two months, regularly and have continued the same during this present cycle as well, then there are no chances of pregnancy as ovulation would not have occurred during this cycle in view of pill intake. Now that...  Read Full »

I have painless brown spots on the skin that grow. What is the treatment?
Query: Hello doctor, I have these brown spots since the last 20 years. It grew from a small spot to this big in all these years and it is still spreading slowly. It does not itch, neither does it pain but when I get out in the sun, I feel a burning sensation all over the area. I once used Skinlite cream a...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The triggers include sunlight or any harsh irritant chemicals. Skinlite has Hydroquinone which is more than sufficient to mask any pigmentation, but not cure it completely. From the symptoms,...  Read Full »

I have a flat brown spot with flaky edges. Is it melanoma?
Query: Hi doctor, A few days back, a brown spot appeared halfway on my thigh. By the same night, it grew and it was black. In less than 24 hours. Small brown spot turned black and grew in just a few hours. It is flat. I am writing this a week later. The edges are flaky now. It has a slightly rough texture...  Read Full »
Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bigger brown patch is cafe-au-lait macule and the small one is probably an atypical nevus (attachment removed to protect patient identity). That is not melanoma clinically to me. Melanoma is very rare at a young age like in your case and obviously very rare in brow...  Read Full »

My son has a brown spot on face. What is it?
Query: Hi doctor, My son has some brown spot on face for over 10 months. I am applying Panderm ointment. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a clear cut case of pityriasis alba (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which is very common in young kids. It is a kind of mild allergy due to sunlight, food or any other external and internal factor. It is treatable and not a worrisome prob...  Read Full »

I have pimples, red, and brown spots on the face. Are they due to hormonal changes?
Query: Hello doctor,I have pimples, red, and brown spots on the face. Moderate acne. Mainly on chin, cheeks, sides of the nose and between eyebrows. Is it hormonal acne? How do I fix it? Large pores on the face but dehydrated, sensitive skin. Red pimples with white pus. Varies from large to small sizes. Le...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query. With your description, it seems you have developed grade 2 to 3 acne. See acne concentrated over chin indicate hormonal acne. If you can share a few pictures, it will be helpful in exact grading of acne, which further leads to proper treatment. Y...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest Vitamin C serums for removing brown spots from face.
Query: Hello doctor, My sister's age is 28, normal, sensitive skin. She is having brown spots on her face. Can you please suggest the best Vitamin C serums for removing brown spots on her face without any side effects? Is there any other options (simple and safe) for removing such brown spots?  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes for brown spots on face, it could be: 1. Freckles. 2. DPN- Dermatosis papulosa nigra. 3. Melasma. 4. Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Treatment is different for each, it is very difficult to suggest any treatment for you without seeing you...  Read Full »

Is it true that moles in soles of feet are cancerous ones?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a small freckle about 3-4 mm on the side of my foot. It is not different from my skin in appearance. It just seems to be a brown blemish. I think, I have it for a number of years and now I am a bit anxious about what it could be. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Chaitra Prakash
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The brown spot on your foot could be a mole or lentigine (attachment removed to protect patient identity) as it has been there for long. They are just harmless. You need not worry unless you have a change in its size and color or a family history of skin cancer. You m...  Read Full »

Mole or Melanoma: When to Worry?
Article Overview: Melanoma is a grave disease that mostly arises from an innocent-looking mole. If a mole is present on the body, here is how you can know if it is just a mole or melanoma. This article sketches the various aspects of the mole, from its morphology to the preventive measures.  Read Article »
Dr. Nandhini J

A mole or nevus is a black or brown spot present in the skin. It is usually round, has a uniform color with smooth edges, and often measures less than 6 mm in diameter. They are often acquired during childhood or adolescence. Most of them will never cause a problem. If new moles arise with age or th ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Brown Spots? We have medical experts to help you right away.