Chemical Peels

Related Terms: Sunscreen, Glycolic Acid, Kojic Acid, Acne, Laser, Acne Scars, Improve Skin Tone

My face is red and inflamed after a chemical peel I did myself. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,Five weeks ago, I did a much too deep Jessner and a 30 % TCA combination peel myself. I swelled so much 24 hours after the peel that my eyes almost shut. Yes, this was a terrible mistake. My face is still red, but slowly resolving and I have been keeping it constantly moist and have bee...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, there is redness on the side of the forehead. Redness from a deep peel can stay for months. Instead of a massage, I suggest you use a topical steroid cream, pr...  Read Full »

General Concepts of Chemical Peeling
Article Overview: Chemical peels are very common in dermatological practice. Here in this article, I just tried to cover the common and frequently asked questions such as the uses, limitations and post-peel care.  Read Article »

Chemical peeling is an application of a chemical agent to the skin to cause a controlled chemical burn. It should be deep enough to cause exfoliation of skin layers and superficial enough to allow regeneration with subsequent resurfacing and remodeling of collagen and elastic fibers. Uses of Chemic ...  Read Article »

Can microdermabrasion and glycolic acid peel make my skin look darker?
Query: Hello doctor, I am very much worried about my skin color. I have taken two sittings of microdermabrasion and two sittings of glycolic acid peel. But, I am not able to see any change and that too my skin looks darker. Would it be a chemical peel side effect? Now I am using branded face wash and suns...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Microdermabrasion and chemical peel are the procedures to improve skin texture. They exfoliate the damaged superficial layer of skin, there by lightening the hyperpigmentation on the skin. This removes the dead cells in the skin, facilitating the new layer of cells to ...  Read Full »

What are the effective ways to regain the complexion of tanned skin?
Query: Hi doctor,My face complexion is much darker than my chest. The reason may be overexposure to sun and pollution. Please suggest me ways to get fair skin.  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tanning is a common issue in countries with a predominantly longer summer. However, there are many effective ways to regain the fair complexion using depigmentation creams, chemical peels, lasers, etc. In addition to those, the most important step is to use a pr...  Read Full »

Is there a way to prevent little moles from coming all over my body?
Query: Hello doctor,I am an 18 year old girl and I am starting to notice little moles all over my body. Nothing unusual or worrisome. My mother and grandmother are also covered in moles so I guess I should have expected it. My question is, is there a way that I can prevent them from coming in or at least s...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are not moles. These are called dermatosis papulosa nigra (DPN). It a genetic condition, runs in families. These have to be removed individually. Options are: Radiofrequency caut...  Read Full »

Which medicine should I take for patchy beard?
Query: Hi doctor, Actually, my skin tone is medium and is very oily. I want to have a white and fair skin tone. I also want to get rid of this oily skin. I have been taking Omega 3 capsules for two months as someone told me that it will help me for my skin, but I did not notice any changes. Now, one of my ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The darker skin tone can be attributed to tanning and also ones natural color. I therefore recommend you daily sunscreen, use it 20 minutes prior to going outside. Using a night cream like ISIS Neotone night serum everyday at night for two to three months will help,...  Read Full »

Why is my facial skin darker than the rest of the body?
Query: Hello doctor, The color of the skin on my face is too dark when compared to the skin on my nose, cheeks, and rest of my body. How can I restore the original color on my face?  Read Full »
Dr. Suvina Attavar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The skin often darkens due to tanning under the effect of UV (ultraviolet) rays. I would strongly recommend using a sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30. The sunscreen has to be applied at least half an hour before you go out and has to be reapplied every four hours till ...  Read Full »

Hydroquinone creams are giving me only temporary skin lightening. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, My skin tone is dusky. One year ago, I started using Hydroquinone cream. After three to four months, I stopped using it, but then, my face started to become dark again. After a month, I started to use this cream again and then stopped. I want to make my skin healthy and have a clear c...  Read Full »
Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The long-term use of Hydroquinone can cause permanent discoloration called exogenous ochronosis, especially on persons with a dusky skin. The use of any skin lightening agents gives results only till it is being used. For a healthy skin tone, start applying sunscreen e...  Read Full »

I got fever, lots of blisters and hair fall. What can be used at the earliest?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female. I had severe fever and body ache before a week. I had a rash before days. Then the next daI got a few more rashes and then a lot of blisters all over. I did not scratch them. I just applied Lactocalamine lotion on the dots. I was taking Azithromycin and Acyclo...  Read Full »
Dr. Chaitra Prakash
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chickenpox rash may take a course between 5 to 15 days (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is advisable not to pick the scabs. You can continue with Lactocalamine. Once the scabs fall off, you could start using sunscreen lotion during the day and a ski...  Read Full »

Why is there slow healing of boils on my face?
Query: Hi doctor, Before eight months, I had boils on both sides of my face. Now, they left dark black marks. They are very stubborn and extremely hard to fade. They are gradually disappearing, but it is too slow. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Post Inflammatory hyperpigmentation is tough to treat. The essential thing is protecting skin from UV (ultraviolet) rays, so sunscreen with SPF 50 (sun protection factor) is must in the morning hours, apply it for every four hours when you go out to beach or park for a ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Chemical Peels? We have medical experts to help you right away.