Eye Pressure

Related Terms: Glaucoma, Headache, Intraocular Pressure, Mri Of Brain, Migraine, Hypertension, High Blood Pressure

My eye pressure is fluctuating between 22 to 28. Do I need implant surgery?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a female of 62 years age. I was operated for cataract five months back for both the eyes. As my cataract was only 20 %, but eye pressure was 22. My OCT was done, which showed no damage to nerves. My perimeter too is clear. No family history of glaucoma. I was put on various drops...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a practice that if perimetry is normal, one waits to start any antiglaucoma medication. The protocol is to graph your IOP (intraocular pressure) for 24 hours or IOP at different times of day repeatedly for a week, then one can decide if you have glaucoma or if you...  Read Full »

Are my eye pressure values normal?
Query: Hello doctor, I went to see my optician and my left eye had an IOP of 22 and the right had 20. These seem to be the average numbers going back six years at two-year intervals. He dilated the eyes and inspected and took photos of the optic nerves. He said everything looked healthy and said to come b...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pressure readings you told me are within normal limits. Since the ophthalmologist you saw did a detailed fundus examination and told you everything was fine and also your fields are fine. So, I think you do not have anything to worry about. Also if nobody ...  Read Full »

Can high eye pressure damage the optic nerve?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 65 years old. I developed partial retinal detachment in the right eye. An urgent surgery was done and a silicone oil has been filled. This happened around two months back. The vision field is restored and the retina is reported to be well attached. But, about two weeks back the pres...  Read Full »
Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have described above that your both eyes got operated for cataract and multifocal intraocular lenses implanted and now you had retinal attachment surgery (most probably pars plana vitrectomy PPV plus silicone oil) about two months back, which is now causing increas...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to use four eye drops to control eye pressure?
Query: Hi doctor, Four eye drops are used in combination to control eye pressure in case of glaucoma. They are Dorzolamide, Timolol, Brimonidine and Xalatan. In what sequence with how much gap should they be given to control eye pressure? Also for controlling afternoon pressure, either Dorzolamide or Brimo...  Read Full »
Dr. Shikha
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is necessary to use more than one drop when intraocular pressure is not controlled by a single drug. Every drug you mentioned has a different mechanism of action. It is good till IOP is controlled with medical management. Each drug is having different mechanism and ...  Read Full »

My eyes got hurt. In how many days will it become normal?
Query: Hi doctor, I got hit in my right eye with a ball. I went to a doctor and he prescribed Milflox, Megabrom and Homide eye drops. Also, he said that there is nothing to worry. Now, my pupil looks enlarged. In how many days it will become normal?  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Eye trauma can have various manifestations, including small bleed, eye pressure rise and retinal changes. In the acute stage, Homide (Homatropine hydrobromide) is given to relieve muscle spasm that arises due to inflammation. Its effect will get reversed after three days ...  Read Full »

My father has a constant pain in head after eye surgery. Please give your expert advice.
Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 53 years old, is suffering from diabetic retinopathy and has undergone vitreoretinal surgery. After the surgery, his eye (right) responded well. But now, there is a constant pain in his head. The doctors said that there is some pressure in the eye, which increases and re...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The eye has got pressure known as intraocular pressure (IOP) just like your blood pressure. The normal eye pressure range is 10 to 21 mmHg. Beyond this pressure, the neurons present in the optic nerve (a nerve that connects eye to the brain) starts damaging leading to...  Read Full »

My eyesight is getting worse due to pain in the corner of my left eye. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. I have pain in the corner of my left eye for the past one year. I went to the doctor, and he gave me Sterdex. I used it and felt better. My pain went away. After a few months, I started to have pain, but it was not so severe as the first time. I wear glasses and lenses...  Read Full »
Dr. Manish Mahabir
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Minimize the use of steroids as much as possible to avoid side effects such as an increase in eye pressure leading to glaucoma. Both Sterdex (Dexamethasone) and Chibro are steroids. They may relieve your symptoms in the short run but may harm your eyes if used for long ...  Read Full »

Does itching in eyes and headache mean glaucoma?
Query: Hello doctor, Kindly advise regarding glaucoma. I am having no serious complication in the body but having a problem in eyes like itching and sometimes feeling headache.  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through what you have mentioned and through your test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can tell you that the appearance of your optic discs is deviated from normal, as per the given photos and image, your eye pressure is 20 mmHg...  Read Full »

Glaucoma causing heaviness and itching in eyes. Please guide me.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male suffering from glaucoma since the last two years. I have heaviness and itching in my eyes. Please guide me on what to do.  Read Full »
Dr. N. Sathian
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need a few answers from you, before deciding on the reasons for heaviness or itching. Can you please give the details for the following questions? Are you on anti-glaucoma medication? If so, can you name them? When was the last eye examination done, what was the ...  Read Full »

Is it possible to detect MVP through ECG and TMT?
Query: Hi doctor, For two years, I have been suffering from MVP (mitral valve prolapse). Then, I have undergone ECG and TMT, but no MVP detected. But, I was advised to take the tablets given for MVP, which includes Metolac-ER 50 and Dothimax 25. Will these tablets cause any side effects?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mitral valve prolapse cannot be detected on ECG - electrocardiogram or a TMT - treadmill test unless has very advanced and causing severe problems. It can be picked up by an echocardiogram, which is a heart ultrasound. Now coming back to your medications, Dothimax (...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Eye Pressure? We have medical experts to help you right away.