Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Related Terms: Tsh Level, Hypothyroidism, Fnac, Hyperthyroidism, Thyroid, Thyroid Problem, Anti-tpo Antibodies

Can Hashimoto's thyroiditis increase lymphocytes after hysterectomy?
Query: Hi doctor,I have had a total thyroidectomy (TT) two years ago and on my pathology report of the thyroid, I have had mild thyroiditis, and I always have high lymphocytes. For one period of about a year, they were raising every month. My Tg and Abt within normal range. I did anti-TPO and my result is ...  Read Full »
Dr. Elina Angelova Beleva
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your results (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From what I have seen leukocytes are within normal range as well as hemoglobin, platelets were not reported. From the automatic differential, there is indeed a slight lymphocytosis, but the m...  Read Full »

I have hypothyroidism after taking medicines for hyperthyroidism. What is going on?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old female. Seven years ago, I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. I took medicines and my thyroid hormones got normal. After that, I stopped taking medicines. Everything was fine for two to three years. But after some time, I came across symptoms like weight loss, anxi...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. I would suggest that you have a wait and watch approach. I would recommend that you just keep checking your thyroid function test results every six weeks ...  Read Full »

TSH and TGAB are high. Could this be Hashimoto's disease or cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I have done all thyroid tests and worried about the results.TSH is high at 4.56 milli international units per liter and thyroglobulin antibodies were high 2.8 IU/mL. TOP, T3, and T4 were normal; TPO 14 IU/mL and T4 free 0.95ng/dl. I am having throat pain and I feel like my glands are swo...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Antithyroglobulin antibody can be positive in autoimmune thyroid problem. So, it can be a positive result to have hashimoto's thyroiditis and grave's disease. But, your thyroid hormone level is within range and TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) not much elevated. So,...  Read Full »

Am I suffering from any thyroid disorder?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old male. My height is 5'9" and weight is 92 kg. I got tested for thyroid yesterday and got an antithyroid panel test today. My reports are attached. Am I suffering from hypothyroidism or any thyroid disorder? Do I need to start medication?  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it shows hypothyroidism. Are you a known hypothyroid? Has the treatment for your thyroid issue already been initiated? Do you have any other symptoms like constipation, mood changes, intolerance t...  Read Full »

Shall I restart Cymbalta for my extreme depersonalization feel?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old man. I have been experiencing panic disorder, OCD symptoms and excessive levels of anxiety. In the last few months, major changes in my life have happened. For instance; quitting my job and moving to another city triggered my anxiety symptoms. I usually feel drowned in ...  Read Full »
Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh
Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for describing your query in detail. To start with, you might be absolutely right in saying that the current increase in your anxiety and associated feelings could be secondary to the change of place. Change of residence and workplace is always an anxiety-provok...  Read Full »

What is causing numb spots and shock sensations on my legs?
Query: Hi doctor,I was diagnosed seven years ago with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. I gave up gluten, soy, and milk, and along with Levothyroxine, my health has been great. However, two years ago, I was diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency. After six months of treatment, I recovered. Then after having a second b...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have hypothyroidism and you are on treatment with Levothyroxine. It is known that hypothyroidism causes vitamin B12 deficiency over time and if you are on a high dose of Levothyroxine, then...  Read Full »

I am severely anemic, and the right lymph node in my neck is painful. Is it cancer?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male, and I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, from the past five years. It is well controlled by Synthroid and natural thyroid. Over the last few months, I have been having some worrying symptoms. I am literally so tired all the time, and I am severely anemic even if I t...  Read Full »
Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Get a thyroid profile and complete hemogram done. Your symptoms are very vague and they do not point to any one disease. Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physi...  Read Full »

I have a constant urge to urinate. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old woman. This problem started about four years ago around the same time I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. And, I suffer from a constant and persistent urge to urinate concentrated in my urethra. Sometimes, it is accompanied with pressure, discomfort, sli...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may be suffering from an underactive bladder. Tablet Urivoid (Bethanechol) one tablet in the morning and evening should help. If possible, send me the urodynamics report with graphs. For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a...  Read Full »

Can Hashimoto's disease cause enlarged lymph nodes?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism since four years. I take Eltroxin daily and go for a thyroid sonar once a year. I went for an ultrasound yesterday and my report stated that my thyroid features are consistent with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. But, what reall...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that you do have some enlarged lymph nodes. Yes, there are two possibilities but it is more likely that these are due to: The upper respiratory tr...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicine for my thyroid problem.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 year old. Recently I tested my thyroid and the report shows T3 - 1.1, T4- 8.4 and TSH - 6.7. Please advise me which medicine is currently safe for me. My health problem includes fatigue and occasional depression. Also my lips are dry. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Hashimoto's Thyroiditis? We have medical experts to help you right away.