Hba1c

Related Terms: Diabetes, Metformin, Diabetes Management, Blood Sugar Levels, Glycated Hemoglobin, Control Diabetes, Fasting Blood Sugar Level

HbA1c of 8.8 in a 45-year-old male. What can be the treatment?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45-year-old male. I am 6 feet tall and I weigh 91 kg. I had taken excess BCAA supplement powder to enhance my gym performance and then stopped going to the gym for two Months but continued taking the BCAA powder. I feel bloated all the time after food intake and have high blood ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have diabetes and you must definitely take treatment for it. I suggest that you start with the tablet Metformin 500 mg thrice a day and then repeat your HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin...  Read Full »

My HbA1c level was found to be high. What should I do next?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old. For the last two to three weeks, I was feeling very low, a sort of weakness, and I felt that there is something wrong with my body. So, I went to a clinical laboratory for HbA1c test and got the result as 10.50 %. The person at the clinical laboratory told me that t...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have diabetes. I would suggest that you take tablet Metformin 500 mg thrice a day after meals. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their ...  Read Full »

My HbA1c level was 7.5 last month. Should I continue Gemer 1 tablet?
Query: Hi doctor, Last month, my HbA1C was 7.5. I was advised to take Gemer 1 tablet before breakfast for 30 days. My LDL cholesterol is 119 mg/dL, HDL is 40mg/dL and triglycerides 161 mg/dL. My age is 49. Should I continue Gemer 1 along with other medicines? Kindly suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Talal Hussain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The HbA1C level of above 7 is a confirmatory diagnosis of diabetes mellitus. So, now you are a diabetic and should receive full diabetic management ranging from diet modification, exercise and medication. As far as tablet Gemer 1 mg (Glimepiride) is concerned, I suggest ...  Read Full »

My HbA1c is 7.5. Should I continue my tablet for diabetes?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 52 year old female. One year before I went to a diabetologist and took glucose tolerance test. Here is the result, fasting - 128 mg/dL, 1 hour - 340 mg/dL, 2 hour - 196 mg/dL. Doctor prescribed medicine for a month but after that I did not take any medication. Now I would...  Read Full »
Dr. Ankush Gupta
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have mentioned that took medicine for a month, still your HbA1c - glycated hemoglobin is 7.5 (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is little high. The target of HbA1c should be less than 7. So, I would suggest you to continue with tablet Glycipha...  Read Full »

Is HbA1c test more reliable than a blood sugar test taken at home?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 35-year-old female. Is HbA1c test at a primary physician's lab reliable? I recently got my annual physical and lab tests done at a new primary physician's office (practicing since five years). The results show I have a glucose of 109 mg/dL and hemoglobin A1c of 6.8 %. My TSH is 5...  Read Full »
Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. HbA1c will give us information about your blood sugar in the past three months whereas RBS (random blood sugar) will get us information about the previous day. Therefore, HbA1c is more reliable than of RBS. The HbA1c level needs to be less than 6 to be considered as...  Read Full »

My HbA1c levels have reduced. Does it mean my diabetes is gone?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 57 year male. Four months ago, the doctor declared that I am diabetic as my HbA1c was 10.7 %. I started with Glimisave M2 (two tablets per day) and Atorec 10 (one tablet at night), later on, I shifted to Glimisave M1 (two tablets per day) and Atorec 10 as usual. I take other su...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. From what you have mentioned, it appears that you have controlled your diabetes quite well. I would suggest that you take tablet Glimisave (Glimepiride) M2 once in the morning and tablet Glimisave M1 once at night. Your diabetes is not gone, but...  Read Full »

My HbA1c has raised to 6.2 with high cholesterol. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, My age is 38 years and my HbA1c has gone to 6.2 with high cholesterol and lipids. My fasting and post fasting blood sugar is however in range and no health complications yet. I am attaching my report. Please suggest whether I need to take any preventive measures. Based upon the report,...  Read Full »
Dr. Ankush Gupta
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history you have told, your blood sugar levels are under control with high cholesterol. There is family history of diabetes which makes you prone for diabetes in future. So, you have to make dietary modifications. Physical activity is also impo...  Read Full »

Why Is HbA1C Test Required For Diabetes Patients?
Article Overview: This article explains why is HbA1C test being performed for diabetes patients  Read Article »
Dr. Senduran N
Diabetologist

HbA1C Level is a critical indicator that tells the long term Glycemic state and also its control during the treatment. The HbA1C Test: The HbA1C test nowadays is included in the basic health/diabetic checkup for its importance in indicating the individual's glycemic state (i.e, mean blood sugar ...  Read Article »

What do HbA1c of 8 and fasting glucose of 140 signify?
Query: Hello doctor, My HbA1c is 8 and fasting glucose is 140. My urine microalbumin to creatinine ratio is 116. What do these values mean?  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have diabetes because both blood sugar fasting and HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) are in the diabetic ranges. You also have microalbuminuria. You have not mentioned what medications you taking because both blood sugar and microalbuminuria can be contro...  Read Full »

In thalassemia minor, is HbA1c test a reliable one?
Query: Hi doctor, I am diabetic since last 9 years and thalassemia minor as well. Recently, the fatigue symptoms have increased, especially when I am not able to sleep properly. I am 45 years old. My height is 167.5 cm and weight is 85 kg. Being thalassemia minor, is my HbA1c test reliable to decide my dia...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The main ailment you are presently worried with is fatigue and sleeplessness or insomnia. Sleep affects our ability to think, react, remember and solve problems. I would like to know your sleep history. How long you have had sleep problem? For how many days at a stret...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Hba1c? We have medical experts to help you right away.