Increased Uric Acid

Related Terms: Febuxostat, Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin D, Diet For Gout, Low Salt Diet, Nsaids, Uric Acid Level

What are the treatment options for increased uric acid?
Query: Hi doctor, Since yesterday morning, I have been having an acute pain and stiffness in the joint of the big toe on the left foot. Also, there is a little amount of swelling. The symptoms are similar to elevated uric acid levels. Four years ago, I had a spike in uric acid levels. I have given my samp...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. I suggest tablet Naproxen 500 mg twice daily and tablet Indomethacin 50 mg three times daily. These are generic names. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her ...  Read Full »

I am worried about my blood report. Does that indicate anything?
Query: Hi doctor, I have just got my basic blood check done. I am worried about the report, especially the following points. Cholesterol levels, vitamin D deficiency, excess uric acid, platelet, monocytes and basophils. I would like to know whether all these symptoms together are pointing to something else...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have increased uric acid and increased cholesterol, which are just above borderline. You can reduce that by proper diet control. I would suggest you to kindly avoid the following. Sugar, jaggery, all forms of sugar such as sweets, cakes, biscuits, wafers, chocolates, ...  Read Full »

Is there a permanent remedy to get rid of psoriasis?
Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know a few details of the tablets which I have been taking for my scalp psoriasis. Winolap 5mg once in a while when itching is too high (without doctor's prescription). Isotretinoin drugs/other drugs (with doctor's prescription). I have been taking these medicines on a...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Rathee
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Isotretinoin is a potentially dangerous drug and in many countries there are very strict guidelines over its use. It basically contains retinoids which in simple language is a derivative of vitamin A. It is primarily used to treat severe cystic acne and I fail to under...  Read Full »

My mom met with two major falls. Is that due to Achilles tendon weakness?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a question for my mother. My mother is 50 years old. She complains of episodic, sudden loss of weight bearing ability on the left Achilles tendon. This has resulted in two major falls, which resulted in trauma. These are present for past few months and have become more frequent in...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's elaborative history provided here, along with the reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with this query. She has mild osteoarthritic changes in the lumbosacral region with osteoarthritis knee, anemia, peria...  Read Full »

My brother's leukocyte count is persistently high. Is it something of concern?
Query: Hi doctor, My brother was admitted to the hospital after he was diagnosed with dengue. However, there was concurrent evidence of severe leucocytosis (WBC >45,000 and neutrophils >70 %) and also few myelocytes and metamyelocytes. The USG of the abdomen area also revealed moderate hepatosplenome...  Read Full »
Dr. Elina Angelova Beleva
Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In case of a severe infection, an elevation of the white blood cell count (WBC) is expected and it can reach up to 100 g/L, also described as a leukemoid reaction. This is not a blood cancer and denotes the presence of mature neutrophils on the peripheral smear due to ...  Read Full »

Can arthritis be the reason for ankle and wrist pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I get pain in my joints like ankle and wrist occasionally. It goes off when I take Mobizox but comes after a few days again. Also, it goes off when I do massage or when I use compression glove. My uric acid is 10 mg/dL, and it is in a higher range. Does this pain occur due to increased u...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have arthralgia, and it is not arthritis. This condition will have pain along with swelling. It is unlikely to occur due to uric acid. You need to do a few tests which include RF (rheumatoid factor), ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), CRP (C-reactive protein), an...  Read Full »

Can there be rise in creatinine and uric acid during fever and cold?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 47 year old male weighing 90 kg with a height of 5'9", suffered with fever as well as cold routinely in the last month. My doctor advised me some blood test as my BP at the time of consultation was 130/110 but I was not having BP problems. The last checkup reveals normal BP 120/80...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). During any acute infection serum creatinine can rise as a result of infection as well as dehydration. For a better judgment you need to get a repeat serum creatinine as well as uric acid...  Read Full »

Why are my uric acid levels always high?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a bad throat, cold and mild fever. I am taking antibiotic Amoxycillin and Ibugesic plus. Can I get liver function test and kidney function test at this time or should I wait?  Read Full »
Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is advisable to get the liver and kidney function tests done after a week, as these drugs alter the test results. For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician  Read Full »

My uric acid and creatinine are raised. Are my kidneys not functioning properly?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 42 year old male. From the past three months, I was suffering from typhoid. Now, I have pain in knees, sole, back, and wrist joints. The test reports show high sensitivity c-reactive protein (hs-CRP) 7.67, eGFR 68, folate 2, uric acid 7.7, creatinine 1.02, total cholesterol 211, tr...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You mentioned that you had typhoid three months back, and now have features of large joint arthritis. With this profile, it seems to be reactive arthritis. If you have heel pain, which is more in the morning once you get up from the bed and put your feet on the ground,...  Read Full »

I have on and off pain in feet and wrists. Is that due to high uric acid or nerve disorder?
Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in my feet and wrist sometimes, and I take painkillers. It goes and comes back again after a few months or weeks. It is not due to external injury. I got a blood test, and my uric acid was high at 10 mg/dL. Now, I take Feburic 40 mg for some time. Today again, I had a pain on...  Read Full »
Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As the uric acid is high at 10 mg/dL, it is likely a cause of arthritis. Febuxostat that you are using now should be used every day even when you are not having pain. This medication is...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Increased Uric Acid? We have medical experts to help you right away.