Lump

Related Terms: Proton-pump Inhibitors, Pantoprazole, Fnac, Breast Cancer, Breast Lump, Acid Reflux, Amoxicillin

Can hard lump on my forearm mean a fracture?
Query: Hello doctor, I hit my forearm yesterday and there is a hard lump now where it was hit. It does not hurt to move my arm or pick things up but does hurt if any pressure is put near the lump. It does not sound like a fracture, does it? I do not want to go to the doctor's office as everyone is sick an...  Read Full »
Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It does not seem like a fracture. I would like to know few things for clarity. Do you find any difficulty in moving your hand or anything else? Is there any kind of color ...  Read Full »

Is the lump in breast cancer or cyst?
Query: Hello doctor, I found a lump in my breast five months back. Initially, it was told to be a cyst. I followed up after four weeks, and the cyst was unchanged. My PCP recommended a needle biopsy to be safe. My surgeon felt more comfortable with lumpectomy because I have a family history of thyroid tum...  Read Full »
Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah
Medical Oncologist

Answer: I have seen your reports. It looks like early breast cancer, and it is predominantly a cystic lesion. It is staged as pT1c Nx hormone receptor positive and HER2/neu negative. Histopathology is showing low-risk breast cancer as it is predominantly a cystic lesion with a predominance of intracystic pa...  Read Full »

Is the lump on my back fat or a tumor?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a knot or lump on my upper back just in the middle and little right side of the back. It can be felt when I get a massage. Can this be dangerous? The doctor once told me seven years back that it might be fat. What test can make sure that it is not a serious kind of tumor?  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a lipoma, which is a benign fat mass with a soft consistency. Lipoma is completely benign with no complications. A biopsy is the most confirmative method. Surgical assessm...  Read Full »

Can a lump on the head be treated with medication?
Query: Hello doctor, My mom aged 52 years has got a small lump on her head three years back. Although it was not causing any pain, she is just curious to know if it can get treated by medication. She felt that its size increased slightly, but she does not prefer surgery. For your information, the present ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Most likely, the diagnosis is a sebaceous cyst. It is spontaneous, which means it has no obvious cause. And in most cases, it is painless. Sometimes, it increases in size. As you know, the best treatment for this is excision through sur...  Read Full »

Can the lump under my male breast be cancerous?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. My complaint is that I have a breast lump in my right breast lower outer quadrant. I noticed it three days ago. I have pain at that site. I also noticed redness in the surrounding areas. I have poor beard growth and chest hair so I suspect that it could be gyn...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably it is gynecomastia as it is common in young age and may cause pain, Although, breast cancer is rare in males, it is more aggressive with rapid growth and spread. I suggest that you take painkillers and send me a photo of the red lump Also if you have...  Read Full »

I have lumps in the throat and terrified that I have cancer. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from a sore throat and ear pain. I have lots of lumps in the back of my throat. I had Amoxicillin and gastro-resistant tablets. I have a previous history of GERD. I am terrified that I have throat cancer. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having posterior pharyngeal wall hypertrophy. This is due to chronic post-nasal drip. Do you feel some difficulty while swallowing? What medicines have you been taking so far? Do you have a history of smoking? Please follow up with the required information to sug...  Read Full »

Having a lump on the posterior side of the testis. Can you suggest any treatments?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I had testicle and lower abdominal pain from couple of weeks, but I did not have burning sensation on urinating. So, I started taking antibiotic (Azithromycin) and analgesics (Ibuprofen). Now my pain has almost subsided, but I have developed a lump on the post...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, it appears that you are suffering from epididymo-orchitis, which is a condition characterized by inflammation of the testis (leading to testicular pain) and epididymis (a structure behind...  Read Full »

Why is there a lump below jaw with pain while swallowing in a child?
Query: Hello doctor,A 5-year-old boy has a neck mass or lump on his right side of the neck under the jaw. He feels pain while swallowing food and if he touches it. No fever, no cough, no cold, no complications. The lump is visible and was observed yesterday. We have visited a doctor and he advised to take ...  Read Full »
Dr. Amit Modi
Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The mass or lump that is being felt may be inflammation of local gland due to infection or lymph node enlargement. Both of these will respond to the antibiotics given. In case that it does not resolve, then a further workup is recommended which include radiological, ...  Read Full »

What is the lump like structure in the eye associated with pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I am attaching a picture of my wife's left eye. I believe there is a stye or something else inside the left side of the eye. It has been around 8 to 10 days now. Earlier there was a pain in the eyes for the first 2 to 3 days. Later on, the pain was not there but I saw a lump or stye like...  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your wife's problems and seen the photo attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This condition is called a chalazion, it is a sequel of style and it happens when long-standing infection is set up in the eyelid glands. They are u...  Read Full »

What are the itchy lumps and rashes on stomach and thigh?
Query: Hi doctor, A few days back, I found these red bumps on my thigh and they had appeared out of nowhere. They are definitely lumpy and itchy. I also found a patch on my stomach with the same lumps with a rash type look to the patch. Both are really itchy. I am wondering what this could be and if I sho...  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. In my opinion, you are having an urticarial rash. It is a type of allergy which could be due to many factors. Some are following. Drugs like painkiller or antibiotics, dairy product, meat or chicken, insect bite, artificial, sweating or he...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Lump? We have medical experts to help you right away.