Muscle Stiffness

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Neck Pain, Muscle Spasm, Neck Stiffness, Joint Pain, Osteoarthritis, Poor Posture At Your Work Place

Are sweating, dilated pupil and muscle stiffness side effects of Venlafaxine?
Query: Hello doctor, Today my sister, who is 22 years old, started taking Venlafaxine 75 mg, but after a couple of hours she felt nauseated and started sweating and got red cheeks as well. Now I notice that her pupils are dilated, and she has severe muscle stiffness. She has cerebral palsy, sitting in a wh...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to know about your sister's symptoms. The symptoms you mentioned is for Serotonin syndrome which causes palpitations, muscle stiffness, hyperthermia, sweating, hyperactivity, and confusion. The mechanism is serotonin excess in the brain. It is one of the possib...  Read Full »

Other than Baclofen, which medicine can be used for muscle stiffness?
Query: Hi doctor, My dad is without ventilator support since 40 days and his tracheostomy has also removed five days back. Without any life support system, he is currently breathing by himself for last 7-8 days with saturation level 100% on air. Past four days he is able to keep his eyes open for few minu...  Read Full »
Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the detailed information. I am happy to see your father improve gradually. Here is what I suggest. There is no other medicine for stiffness. However, physiotherapy should be carried out aggressively to prevent worsening of stiffness. One should rule out infe...  Read Full »

How to find out the reason for extreme sweating, muscle stiffness and cramp?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old male. I am living in a harsh, hot climate from my childhood. For the past three years, I have noticed that I get extremely exhausted with sweating. During the said period I get muscle stiffness, cramps and depression. My condition improves a little in days after drinkin...  Read Full »
Dr. Bindiya Thakkar
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For better understanding I need more details from you. Do you get high blood pressure with these episodes? Is there any flushing? Do you have diabetes? Is there any medical problem that runs in the family? You can get kidney function, HbA1c, urine analysis, urine osmol...  Read Full »

Why am I having severe lower back pain?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having horrible lower back pain. It is hard to sleep, sit up straight, and bend over. If I try to bend over, there is a shooting pain sent up my back. Looking at the diagrams of the spine, I see that it is at the bottom of the lumbar spine and all throughout the sacral vertebrae....  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In my opinion, you would have glute muscles stiffness. Leading to pain in your lower back. It could also be due to some disc issue as well. Do not worry, both the issues are completely treatable. I would recommend you to do the following: 1. Do a l...  Read Full »

Can copper deficiency cause short-term memory loss and paresthesia of the face?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female, and I have severe short-term memory loss (8/30 MMSE). I have paresthesia bilaterally on my face, which has spread from the upper part to around my mouth. I also have startle myoclonus and muscle stiffness. My walking speed has slowed, and the muscles in my...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Copper deficiency is a known cause for non-compressive myelopathy, which can explain your muscle stiffness, slowed walking, and clonus in legs. But startle myoclonus is a different thing. It might be a flexor spasm in legs, which someone interpreted as startle myoclonu...  Read Full »

Will DTwP booster dose cause any side effect in a baby diagnosed with seizure?
Query: Hello doctor, At birth, my son was diagnosed with a seizure. Now he is 18 months old. I am fearing about DTwP booster dose side effect. Earlier three doses had reaction of muscle stiffness and fever.  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question in detail and I know that you are very concerned about your child but do not worry. Muscle stiffness and fever can occur after a DPT vaccination and is not a contraindication for vaccination. Contraindication for DPT vaccination are seizures, i...  Read Full »

Can exercise improve muscles that are affected by nerve damage?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 65 years old, male, otherwise in good health but BMI around 31. I have a damaged spinal cord at C4 (due to disk herniation) and had anterior discectomy with fusion in 14 years back. I have had left sided peripheral neuropathy since my surgery (15 years). All sensory, no motor iss...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and reviewed your uploaded test reports and would explain that physical activity is important to maintain a normal muscle force and avoid muscle stiffness due to a damaged spinal cord. Regarding neuropathy, maybe it cannot help improve ...  Read Full »

My father has a problem of shaking hands. What is causing it?
Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 71 years old, has a problem of shaking hands for the past 4 to 5 years. It is gradually increasing. What is the cause and how to get the treatment? We met a neurologist and she prescribed some medicines for two months, but things have not improved. Shaking hands is mostl...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Your father's symptoms based on clinical history are suggestive of Parkinsonism. However, we need to clinically judge the disease to rule out other causes of tremors such as hyperthyroidism and akinetic-rigid syndrome (loss of passive movement due...  Read Full »

When can I walk and run normally after ACL reconstruction surgery?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 25. I have gone through ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair surgery on left leg almost three months before. Now, on post-op rehabilitation. The doctor has suggested me to walk slowly. Currently, doing squats and weight exercises. I just wanted to know still how much time it wi...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In my opinion, it will take another 6 to 8 weeks for you to start running. I hope you got your movement range completely in your joint. Now, do your rehabilitation and weight training properly as advised. You can start walking normally. The pain ...  Read Full »

My TSH level is high and vitamin D level is low. How can it be managed?
Query: Hi doctor, I have thyroid problems for the past five to six years. At present, I am taking tablet Thyronorm 25 mcg. For the past one month, I have low energy levels along with stiffness and pain in the muscles, especially in the upper back and neck. So I got my blood tested for vitamin D and thyroi...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have noticed that your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level is very high. It indicates that your thyroid hormones levels are not in the sufficient range. Hence, we need to increase the do...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Muscle Stiffness? We have medical experts to help you right away.