Pcos

Related Terms: Pcod, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Irregular Periods, Polycystic Ovarian Disease, Ovulation, Symptoms Of Pcos, Pcod Treatment

PCOS: A Common Hormonal Disorder In Women

Article Overview: In Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome/Disease, the ovaries develop many small follicles and lead to hormonal imbalance in women.
Dr. Purushottam Sah

What is PCOS? PCOS is Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome. Here the ovaries develop many small follicles, also called cysts of 4-10mm. Poly means ‘many’ and ‘cysts’ are small closed sacs filled with fluid. It often occurs in general female population but is more prevalent in infertil ...  Read Full »

PCOS and Weight Management

Article Overview: Weight reduction plays a major role in managing the complications of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
Dr. Deepali Mohan Pohane

PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome is a hormonal disorder in women. Studies and observations have shown that proper weight management has resolved many issues associated with PCOS. PCOS Is Characterized By: menstrual irregularities, excess androgen, ultrasound features of multiple small folli ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bl...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not worry. Irregular periods are not an alarming thing to worry about. Irregular periods are due to stress and strain anxiety work pressure change of place change in climate low blood count thyroid disorders or uterine or ovarian problems. Please...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 70 kg. We have been trying for pregnancy for a year. My husband's reports were all normal. I am having PCOS, but my periods are very regular. I am on Oxetol 300 mg for partial seizure since one year. I am also taking Metformin 500 mg t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having seen your PCOS reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is suggested that you should opt for controlled ovarian stimulation and intrauterine insemination procedure. It will increase your chance of conception by 20 percent as it would r...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I got married before 1.5 years. I have PCOS since I was young. I remember that I had various types of medication as I did not get my periods regularly in the initial stages. My mother had taken me to many doctors, including ayurveda, homeopathy and allopathy. Before 4 y...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you continued Ginette 35 (Cyproterone acetate and Ethinyl estradiol) till date. Your menses would have been regular after being placed on Ginette 35 till date as I presume. If you wish to conceive, then you must stop the pills after completing t...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have a couple of conditions, and I would like to enquire whether there could be an underlying cause. I am a 27 year old female, and I have recently been told I have PCOS. I am not entirely surprised, as I have painful ovulation. I am due to have a follow-up to further discuss scan resu...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Certainly, there is a possibility of underlying hormonal abnormalities. Scarred kidney is due to infection, that should be left apart. SUFE and (PCOS) polycystic ovaries syndrome have hormonal causes, for which you will need extensive endocrinological evaluation. You...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have PCOS and have been trying to conceive for four months. My gynecologist put me on 500 mg of Metformin thrice a day and 10 day cycle of Medroxyprogesterone at the beginning of each month to force ovulation. The medication is working exactly as it should. I get my p...  Read Full »
Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation. Please, do not be so hard on her. I am sure it is not that she is not interested in diagnosing or treating you. However, you can wait for some more time before straight away jumping for IVF (in vitro fertilization). Patients with (p...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I have history of PCOS and hypothyroid from last year. I also have a history of swollen pituitary gland, but it is normal now. I am only taking a 100 mcg pill for thyroid. My problem is that whenever I indulge in sex with my boyfriend, we are able to have int...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Although there are multiple reasons for vaginal dryness, the most common among them is deficiency of estrogen, a female hormone. This is possible in your case due to presence of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) which alters the hormonal profile. I will recommend two th...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My age is 32 years but still, I am not getting conceived. When I went to the hospital, the doctor checked and said suffering from PCOS. I have to reduce the weight and it was an irregular cycle and more than three months delay. I do not know which is the best treatment for this. Please ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you have been suffering from irregular periods due to PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease). In order to get homeopathy treatment, it is very necessary to understand your complete history in detail so that a homeopath can prescribe you the correct remed...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old female, and I weigh 57 kg. I am work in a bank, which keeps me out of home from 9 AM to 7 PM. I was diagnosed with PCOS, and I have a 1.5 mm intramural fibroid on the posterior wall of the uterus since two years. I am taking Glyciphage SR 500 since then, and it has kep...  Read Full »
Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not necessary to go for IVF (in vitro fertilization). IVF has more success rate than IUI (intrauterine insemination) during infertility. I suggest trying IUI few more times, but chances of success are less. So, you have to take the decision. Nowadays with advance...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Pcos? We have medical experts to help you right away.