Seizure

About "Seizure"

Sudden and uncontrolled changes in the brain's electrical activity are called a seizure. Some of the symptoms include confusion, staring spell, jerking movements of the arms and legs, loss of awareness, fear, and anxiety. Seizures can be caused due to high fever, lack of sleep, low sodium in the body, head injury, stroke, brain tumor, alcohol and substance abuse, and some medications (antidepressants).

Related Terms: Eeg, Mri Of Brain, Epilepsy, Anti-epileptic Drugs, Child Growth And Development, Febrile Seizures, Childhood Allergies And Asthma