Tanned Skin

I suffer from acne scars and tanned skin. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have darkness around my mouth area and forehead and dullness on my skin I suffer from acne scars all over my face and tanned skin. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello doctor, I understand your concern, but there are no attached photographs in your message. Kindly send a picture of the affected area to help you better. I need to see the affected area to assess the condition and to suggest the appropriate treatment accordingly. Meanwhile, you can use the fol...  Read Full »

Can I use ayurveda beauty products for tanned skin?

Query: Hi doctor, I have dry skin. I do not have any health problems, but my skin got tanned and black as I spent most of my time in the sun. My appearance looks more than my age. I want to make my skin fair and glow with the ayurveda products. I have read a lot of natural beauty products on the inte...  Read Full »

Dr. Swati Totla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, what you have heard about ayurveda skin products are very good, but the product will not be suitable for everyone. I suggest you to follow a few things. Massage your face twice weekly with Kumkumadi tailam. I suggest you to make a paste of cuddapah almond, add a p...  Read Full »

What are the effective ways to regain the complexion of tanned skin?

Query: Hi doctor,My face complexion is much darker than my chest. The reason may be overexposure to sun and pollution. Please suggest me ways to get fair skin.  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tanning is a common issue in countries with a predominantly longer summer. However, there are many effective ways to regain the fair complexion using depigmentation creams, chemical peels, lasers, etc. In addition to those, the most important step is to use a pr...  Read Full »

Can I use Rejuglow Gel for skin whitening. I have very tanned skin. Give me suggestions.

Query: Hello, I am a 22 year old, male. I have a very sensitive skin, even after using sunscreens, it is tanned. Suggest me any skin whitening pills.  Read Full »

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. As such there are no skin whitening pills. Glutathione pills are marketed as skin whitening pill, but its use is not recommended by doctors. It is essential to know how you use your sunscreen. Sunscreens with SPF 30 are good for regular use. Sunscreen should be a...  Read Full »

Tanning of Skin

Article Overview: Though ultraviolet radiation induced erythema is seen in all skin types, it is more marked in fair skin and barely perceptible in dark skinned individuals. This article throws light on different skin phototypes and tanning. Read Article »

Cosmetologist

Tanning or skin pigmentation that occurs after sun exposure depends on the individual skin phototypes. The tanning response depends on the wavelength of light inducing it. Immediate tanning is mainly due to ultraviolet A (UVA), whereas delayed tanning is due to ultraviolet B (UVB). Skin phototypes, ... Read Article »

Please suggest some lotion for even skin tone.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old woman. I like my skin tone very much. But, I have pigmented skin. I see a lot of discoloration in my face, near my eyes and near mouth. I have consulted a dermatologist and he recommended Vichy cream overnight, which helped me a lot in getting an even skin. But, the wr...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and seen the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have attached. You should go for Wunder eye cream for the pigmentation and fine lines around the eyes twice daily. As far as even skin tone is concerned use One...  Read Full »

My arms, neck and underarms are blackish compared to the rest of my body. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My arms, neck and underarms are blackish compared to the rest of my body. Please look at my pictures and inform me the solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are concerned. Looking at your photographs, I can appreciate that you have two things (attachment removed to protect patient identity). 1. Acanthosis nigricans: The darkening of the neck and underarms is due to thickening of the skin, known as ...  Read Full »

I read that self-tanning creams can cause cancer. Is it true?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 32 years old. I was using self-tanning creams around seven years all year long. I have stopped for the last two years. I am worried because I have read that self-tanning creams are causing cancer and tumors. Is it true? Are they out of my system or will it take years to appear if t...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, self-tanning lotions are known to cause skin cancer. Please stop using it and avoid exposure to sunlight without a sunscreen. Use a sunscreen with SPF 50 or more, apply every fourth hourly. Look for any changes in the skin, any bumps that look different, any c...  Read Full »

I am 29 years old, but I look like a 40 year old. How to look my age?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male, who looks like a 40 year old. I have aged very poorly. What caused this to happen? What can I do to look my proper age?  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Early aging can be a consequence of multiple factors. The most important ones are sun exposure, poor nutrition, improper sleep, bad lifestyle habits, and poor regular care of the skin. Excessive sun exposure damages the normal texture of the skin by altering the collage...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for a dark forehead.

Query: Hi doctor, My face is not as fair as my body. There is a huge difference between my face and body. My forehead is much darker than my face. It may be because I do not take care of my face. What should I do to get fair skin? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern and by the sound of it, it appears that you have developed a lot of tanning on your face. There are few steps that you can take to get a fair skin Use a brightening face wash like Ethiglow or Ahaglow 2-3 times a day. Apply sunscreen wit...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.