Medical Advice on "Thyroid Problem"

I fully appreciate your concerns. You have not mentioned whether thyroid is underworking or overworking. Thyroid gland produces thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormone deficiency occurs if thyroid gland is underactive (Hypothyroidism). Under these circumstances, the patient … View thread »

Though your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is raised, it does not require treatment with Thyroxine but needs monitoring. Follow steps of sleep hygiene such as sleeping and waking up at regular time, avoiding caffeinated drinks at least 8 hours before sleep, avoid … View thread »

I suggest you follow the same dose as you are not a hyperthyroid yet. Also, if you are planning for your marriage and pregnancy, then this TSH value is normal.  If the TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) value is less than 0.3 U/mL, then the dosage of tablet has to be … View thread »

This appears to be due to over treatment or iatrogenic hyperthyroidism. Here is a list of symptoms experienced due to over treatment. They are tachycardia, palpitations, nervousness, tiredness, headache, excitability, sleeplessness, tremors, anxiety and heat intolerance. … View thread »

As seen in your brief history, there are some fluctuations in your blood pressure as well as heart rate. I would advise you to get an ECG done as soon as possible as we have to see what sort of heart rhythm are you on. The doctor who has suggested you Propranolol … View thread »

Unfortunately the information provided at this age is very limited and it is difficult to interpret and make conclusions. I request you to post the following details: 1. Your age. 2. How the problem started, whether it was of acute (sudden) onset or on and off initially? 3 … View thread »

Yes, Lithium can cause this side effect. Kindly discuss with your treating psychiatrist regarding substituting Lithium with Lurasidone or Quetiapine. Topiramate can be added to counter weight gain after discussing with your treating psychiatrist. Remember, every … View thread »

Your symptoms do fit into thyroid problem, but as long as the reports are normal you are not a candidate for medication. There is no need to consult an endocrinologist, but yes, some lifestyle changes have to be done. Do daily exercises like brisk walking, jogging or … View thread »

Based on the details and the labs attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems very unlikely that the symptoms are coming from a thyroid issue. Urine iodine is really not helpful clinically in this case. Given the family history, I would ask … View thread »

Do you have a question on Thyroid Problem? We have medical experts to help you right away.