Viral Fever

Related Terms: Viral Infection, Fever, Paracetamol, Complete Blood Count, Dengue, Hiv, Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

Can viral fever lead to Parkinson's disease?
Query: Hello doctor,I had a viral fever six years back. I had a very high temperature of 105, bad cough, also hallucinations. I was seen in the hospital by a CDC doctor and was told I needed to see him a month after I got out of the hospital. I saw him and asked him what I had, and got no answer what so ev...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you that do not worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Chikungunya, a Re-emerging Viral Fever
Article Overview: This article explains about chikungunya and how to protect ourselves from being infected with this disease.  Read Article »
Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati
General Medicine Physician

There are many diseases that occur due to mosquito bite. Malaria, elephantiasis, Nile virus, chikungunya and dengue fever are the most common. These are known as mosquito-borne diseases. Chikungunya is caused by chikungunya virus. This infection lasts for 2 to 12 days. But, the pain may last f ...  Read Article »

Can we use Tramadol and Acetaminophen for viral fever?
Query: Hi doctor, My brother, who is 27 years old, is having viral fever and the temperature was 103 degrees Fahrenheit since yesterday night. He has been complaining of slight fever for the past five days. We had blood tests and the urine test done yesterday and both were normal. We are using the followi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. There is no role of Tramadol and Acetaminophen in treating fever. This may help just in body pain if associated. I suppose that he should continue with Paracetamol 650 mg 6 to 8 hourly along with Amoxicillin for fever. For chest congestion and cou...  Read Full »

How can I bring back RFT and LFT levels to normal after a viral fever?
Query: Hello doctor. I am 67 years old man. I had viral fever last week for which I took antibiotic (7-day course). I then had cramps in the abdomen and gastric problem. I also had disturbed sleep. On consulting my family doctor, he advised for complete body checkup and full abdomen ultrasound. All the re...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached reports thoroughly (attachment removed to protect patient identity). All the results are acceptable except the creatinine (which reflect the function of the kidney to clean up the blood) is slightly elevated. I recommend drinking plenty...  Read Full »

I am having fever with sore throat and reddish brown urine. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am having high and low fever for the past few days and starting from yesterday, I have sore throat. I went to pee just now and saw the color is a bit reddish brown. And one week before fever, I had a few mosquito bites which are itchy on both the legs.  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.It could be a viral fever followed by acute glomerulonephritis if there is blood in urine, judging from the reddish brown urine you mentioned. Or it could be a urinary tract infection. In both cases, you must get a urine routine and microscopic examination plus a complete b...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for recurrent fever with high ESR and CRP levels?
Query: Hi doctor, I am getting a fever every day. But, every day the fever occurs and goes to a maximum of 100 degrees, and it gets back to the body temperature without any medications. It is repetitive. I have done a few blood tests and am attaching the reports. I have found out that my CRP and ESR is ver...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is likely a viral fever only as it settles within four to five days. ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and CRP (C-reactive protein) are usually elevated due to viral fever or any other fever. As it gets recovered within four to five days without any antibiotics, ...  Read Full »

My son has a high temperature and headache when he bends. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,My 7 year old has a temperature of no greater than 102 for three days, reduced by Tylenol. His symptoms are headaches, and lightheadedness when he bends over. He is drinking, but not eating much. There is no stomach ache or stiff neck.  Read Full »
Dr. Preeti Puranik
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be a viral fever which generally recovers in five to seven days. But, headaches and light headedness are symptoms that can indicate either a brain infection or a viral fever. To identify the cause, he needs to be examined by a pediatrician. You can continue Ty...  Read Full »

What is the exact dose of Meftal-P for a 22 months old?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter got fever since last night. It has been 24 hours and her fever is between 102 and 103.5 degree Fahrenheit. She has no other symptom till now. She is 22 months old. We are giving her Fevago drops. What can we do for her?  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a viral fever, so continue giving Paracetamol that is Fevago every 4 to 5 hours irrespective of fever. If fever is above 101 degree Fahrenheit, then start tepid sponging and give Meftal-P syrup (Mefenamic acid) instead of Paracetamol. If the fever...  Read Full »

What is the chance of getting glandular fever through e-cigarette sharing?
Query: Hi doctor, My friend had glandular fever in the starting of last month. On last weekend, I had two puffs on an e-cigarette in which he had before me. His doctor said he is not contagious, but could be in rare viral scenarios. I do not know what does it mean. What is the chance of me getting glandula...  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Glandular fever is a viral fever. If he has recovered from his illness then there is no way you can be affected. You are safe. He said rare viral scenario because, this virus spreads through the saliva. So, the chance of spreading will be fair if he will still be affe...  Read Full »

How to get relief from fever, ear pain, and the red spots present all over the body?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 49 years old female. I have red spots all over the body. I have pain in the thigh and back. I have a fever for the past two days. I have a pain behind my ears with a headache. I am unable to eat my food. I have slight coughing and slight swelling on my face.  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is most likely a viral fever. It is better to get a full blood count done to be on the safer side. Take plenty of fluid and rest. Do not take Aspirin or Ibuprofen or any other NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) or painkillers. You can take Paracetamol three...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Viral Fever? We have medical experts to help you right away.