Yeast Infection

Related Terms: Clotrimazole, Fluconazole, Fungal Infection, Uti, Antibiotics, Urinary Tract Infection, Diabetes

Can I have protective sex with yeast infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a yeast infection. Can I still have sex if my partner uses a condom?  Read Full »
Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yeast is not a sexually transmitted disease. It is present everywhere, just that it shows its presence when the good bacteria cannot keep its growth in check. It is fine to have intercourse with your partner. My suggestion would be using a condom during every coitus, as...  Read Full »

How to cure recurrent vaginal yeast infections?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been having recurrent vaginal yeast infections for the last six months. I have taken medications earlier. The gynecologist prescribed Azithral 500 mg in the beginning. After that, the doctor gave me tablet Orni-O. The first time it got cured. When it came back again, she presc...  Read Full »
Dr. Nidhi Rohit Jain
Fetal Medicine Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have repeated yeast infection, you require following investigations: Vaginal swab: Culture and sensitivity which will tell the type of infection and which medicine would be effective. Blood Hemoglobin Level: As females who are anemic (low hemoglobin level...  Read Full »

Is there any medicine for treating yeast infection?
Query: Hello doctor, How can I treat a yeast infection? Is there over-the-counter medicine for that?  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Try to have a full treatment for any health issue that is reducing your immunity and causing you recurrent yeast infection like diabetes, immunocompromised diseases like AIDS, etc. Try to have a high vaginal swab to confirm that recurrently you are getting an infect...  Read Full »

Can using Vaseline during sex cause yeast infection?
Query: Hello doctor,I was having sex using Vaseline. The next day I found a rash under my foreskin and it is like peeling and redness on my penis head. I was having coconut oil for treating the itchiness and today I see red blood blister like things around the corona of the glans. My wife said she got yeas...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see macerated scaling and superficial erosions on the glans. This seems like a penile yeast infection. I suggest you take an oral antifungal such as tablet...  Read Full »

What medicine should I take for yeast infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I have two small sores on my penis head, probably yeast infection. What medicine should I take? I have tried using Cloben G for the same. But, I did not get relief. Please give some advice.  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not apply Clobetasol over the glans. Please send the good quality photographs taken in a natural light. Also, do tell me about the complaint in them? How long it has been there? What is your age? Do you have any history of sexual exposure? If yes, then please share th...  Read Full »

Can a morning-after pill cause a yeast infection?
Query: Hello doctor, Can a morning-after pill cause a yeast infection? I took it two days ago and today I began to have an irritation and itch in my vagina. I bought a cream to help it, but I just want to know what could have happened that could have caused this?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two possibilities in your case scenario: Morning-after pill-induced vaginal dryness and irritation. As this is a hormone, it can cause these symptoms. But these symptoms are transient and should disappear within a week. Sexually transmitted candida infection ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a permanent cure for penile yeast infection.
Query: Hi doctor, I have a yeast infection in my penis for the last two years. I have tried all natural medicines like coconut oil, yogurt, etc. Also, if apply Panderm plus or FourDerm or Candid cream daily, then I feel normal. Otherwise, I am getting inflammation and swelling of the penis. Kindly suggest...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreejith Mg
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Always evaluate the cause of recurrent yeast infection. It can be any of the following reasons. Maintain good genital hygiene. Daily wash the genital area with soap and water and keep it dry. If you are uncircumcised, then clean under the foreskin. Unprotected sexu...  Read Full »

Is Triamcinolone a good drug to cure yeast infection?
Query: Hi doctor, Can I insert Triamcinolone inside my vagina to clear yeast infection?  Read Full »
Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Triamcinolone is not indicated for yeast infection. It is a corticosteroid and rather, a yeast infection can precipitate with this drug. You should use an antifungal like Clotrimazole vaginal pessaries for 14 days. I also advise you to use a condom during sexual i...  Read Full »

There are white bumps near vaginal opening. Are these due to yeast infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I thought I had a yeast infection. So, used Monistat injectable and cream. Itching and discharge have gone but I just noticed raised bumps near vagina opening. I am terrified.  Read Full »
Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lesions appear to be genital herpes. But, do not worry, they are not here to stay. These bumps will gradually fade away within a week. If you are in pain, sit in a saltwater bath, apply ice packs, take Paracetamol. Most of the time, it can be confirmed with a swab t...  Read Full »

Everytime I have sex with my fiance, I get a yeast infection. Am I allergic to him?
Query: Hello doctor, Why is it that every time I have sex with my fiance, I get a yeast infection? Please help. I am scared of having sex now because of the irritation, itching, and discharge I have later. What can I do to solve this problem? Are there any creams or tablets that I can take? And is this a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have developed a yeast infection after having intercourse, then it is likely that it has been transferred to you by your partner. He needs to be treated with antifungal medication after getting a urethral culture done to confirm the infection. At present, y...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Yeast Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away.