Medical Advice on "Paediatrics"

Dr. Deepak   Patel
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question in detail and I know that you are very concerned about your child but do not worry. Muscle stiffness and fever can occur after a DPT vaccination and is not a contraindication for vaccination. ... View thread »

Dr. M.L.Kothari
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Small spot in center of forehead is seen in some pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you know skull is made up of 16 small bones, these bones are attached with cartilages and get ossified ... View thread »

Dr. Amit  Modi
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are already giving multiple antibiotics and antipyretics. The TLC (total leucocyte count) count in the report is on the higher side, which suggests some bacterial infection. Continue with the advised treatment. ... View thread »

Dr. Amit  Modi
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your child is suffering from thalassemia intermedia, you should avoid giving iron rich food and food that leads to an increase in iron absorption.The foods which decrease its absorption are, (i) cereals and (ii ... View thread »

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and examined your given pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems your son has a hand, foot, and mouth disease, and does not look like impetigo. HFMD (hand, foot, and ... View thread »

Dr. Faisal  Abdul Karim Malim
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please apply cold water bag to the reddish area. Also, you will need to start the child on drops crocin based on the current weight of the child (is it 2.72 kg? 2.72 kg is too less for a 5.5 months old child). Dose ... View thread »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). We see many tyrosinemias and IBD (irritable bowel disease) patients. In smaller children, it is sometimes difficult to ... View thread »

Dr. Faisal  Abdul Karim Malim
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that children below the age of 6 months pass stools either once in two to three days or 10 to 15 times per day. It is normal, and it is not labeled as loose motions or constipation. If you are labeling it ... View thread »

Dr. Payas  Joshi
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stammering or stuttering is not very uncommon in this age group. Most children do stammer at this age, and with time over a few months, it gets resolved usually. I believe that the delivery of this child was smooth, ... View thread »

Dr. Faisal  Abdul Karim Malim
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An ECG should have been done immediately to see if the child was having VT, SVT, or anything else that would require you to slow down the heart. Based on the ECG, the next step could have been planned. This is because ... View thread »