Tests For Hepatitis

What kind of muscle pain is associated with ARS?

Query: Hi, I am a 31 year old male. About 38 days before I had sex with a CSW (Commercial Social Worker). It was protected vaginal sex and protected oral sex. Also there were deep throat kisses which lasted almost a minute. I am not sure if the condom was torn during the intercourse.  Since last 3 weeks ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. Based upon your history, my answer to your questions: 1. Are My Symptoms Related to ARS? Acute Retroviral Syndrome (ARS) typically begins 7-14 days after the exposure to a HIV positive patient, and may last for up to 3-4 months. The symptoms are typically "flu-l...  Read Full »

What does it mean if I tested positive for hepatitis C?

Query: Hello doctor,I am hepatitis C positive with IgM + IgG of 14.2. This test was conducted five years ago. What is the significance of this? I have full medical test including LFT from two months back including sonography where things were normal. Do I need to worry about this? Does it require a treatme...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to get the hepatitis C quantitative assay (RNA level) done and need to get treatment depending upon that. There is no need to worry. Your other labs are fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But please be under the strict follow-up of a nea...  Read Full »

Please interpret my blood chemistry report.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a blood chemistry result. Can you give me interpretation?Also explain what is the next step? Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Most of the reports are normal like, complete blood picture, FBS - fasting blood sugar and urine routine. Some of them needs attention, so I am commenting on them. In lipid profile LD...  Read Full »

What is wrong in my annual health checkup report?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old male. Recently, I have gone for an annual health checkup. Following are the areas which are highlighted as abnormal for which I seek consultation in evaluating it better. I would like to find the root cause for the same along with medication or lifestyle changes, if a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For eosinophilia, the most important point is to detect and eliminate allergies and worms if you have symptoms of itchy nose, sneezing, wheezing or breathing issues, rash or abdominal pain. Please let me know if you have any one of these. For low Vitamin D, I suggest 5...  Read Full »

I think I have a liver damage. Should I get tested for hepatitis A and B?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got my blood results, which I have uploaded. There are two files. One is about three months old and the other one is from today. I am afraid that I have a liver damage. Should I get tested for hepatitis A, B and C? I had donated blood four months ago and that time there was no p...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all the data posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are two abnormalities in your reports. The first one is that the percentage of lymphocytes are high and that of the neutrophils are low. This is commonly seen in viral fever. Y...  Read Full »

What would be the management of hepatitis infection?

Query: Dear doctor, I want to know the interpretation of my lab test for hepatitis. These are: HBsAg 5638.62 reactive, anti HBs 0.00 nonreactive, anti HAV IgG (reverse) 1.06 reactive, anti HCV 0.520 nonreactive, SGPT 19 (ref value is less than or equal to 41 U/L). The liver ultrasound: right mid hepatic l...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have hepatitis B infection. You need to get your HBV DNA quantitative level and depending on that, start antiviral treatment from your treating physician. I suggest you strictly adhere to treatment. Go for liver function test every three months. Get a scan (...  Read Full »

Is my weight loss due to hepatitis B?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I would like to describe the series of events to you and need your advice as I have been most disturbed post this event in my life. It has been eight months since my first ever sexual encounter, but I am still tensed and lost. I am too scared to get a blood tes...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your detailed summary, I can understand how anxious and tensed you are. Firstly, the lab tests you forwarded including liver function tests are absolutely normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Hepatitis B will not get spread by the activity you ...  Read Full »

When would a hepatitis antigen be considered as positive?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, a friend said he was hepatitis antigen reactive whose titer was 37.46/34.29. His doctor suggested a confirmatory test. At what level would the antigen be assumed to be positive?  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your friend is tested to be positive for hepatitis B in the pre employment screening. It is very common to see an HBsAg positive result in a screening. Hepatitis B infection remains asymptomatic for decades, silently causing damage to the liver cells leading to cirrhos...  Read Full »

I had unprotected sex yesterday, and I am worried about HIV and other STDs. What do I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male, who had unprotected sex yesterday. I was drunk, but now, I am worried about HIV or any STDs for that matter. I do not have medical access for the next three months, as I am on a ship. If I express my apprehensions, it may cost me my job. I do have Lamivudine and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We do not know the HIV status (human immunodeficiency virus) of the person with whom you had sex and also your baseline HIV status, the other thing you mentioned that you do not have medical access for next three months. Considering the availability of only La...  Read Full »

My husband was diagnosed with hepatitis B. How to proceed further?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband was diagnosed with hepatitis B. What will I do now?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When someone has hepatitis B, first we need to know about the status of liver and then we can plan for the treatment. Do anti-HBc IgM, HBeAg, Anti-HBe, HBV DANA quantification, LFT (liver function test), CBC (complete blood count) and AFP (alpha-fetoprotein), ultrasound ...  Read Full »