Allergic Conjunctivitis

I feel uncomfortable using contact lenses. Can I get LASIK?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been wearing contact lens for the last 12 years. Recently, they started getting uncomfortable. So, I stopped using them and got a LASIK consultation with a Pentacam. I have attached the reports taken two days after stopping contact lenses and three weeks after stopping contact lens...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your prescription and Pentacam scans (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I could not see any significant pathology in scan. The yellow area showing against the rule astigmatism and that is why you are using Toric contact lenses. Otherwise, cornea...  Read Full »

Kindly help with my severe eye pain with allergic conjunctivitis.

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the eye doctor for eye inflammation due to the medication that I use. Due to ongoing conjunctivitis, I went back to the clinic more often, but they tell me to come back. I recently developed severe eye pain in both eyes. Can this be caused by too many eye numbing drops? The...  Read Full »

Dr. Hussein Ayoub

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please explain your condition in detail so that I can help you. You say you have been going to the doctor because you have conjunctivitis caused by a medication you are on. What medication are you on and why? For how long have you been taking it? And how often? So ...  Read Full »

What causes redness in the sclera of an 8-month-old kid?

Query: Hi doctor, My 8-month-old son has redness on the corner of his eye on the sclera (white part of the eye). It looks cloudy in that area as well. I went to the eye clinic one week ago and was asked to apply to Chlortralim for one week. It has still not cured. Please let me know if this looks serious.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern since it has been a week since his treatment was started. From the photo you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) there appears to be an inflammation which might either be Episcleritis or phlyctenular conjunctivitis. T...  Read Full »

How to treat eyes that are red, sore, and sticky?

Query: Hi doctor, My eyes are red and have red lines for about four months. In the beginning, my eyes were sore when I moved them, and then gradually, the soreness disappeared. I also had a bit of mucus and sticky eyes in the morning. I have applied antibacterial ointments and eye drops, which did not hel...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have already treated your eyes with multiple medications, I recommend sending me pictures of your eyes for the proper diagnosis and correct treatment. Let me have a look before starting any treatment. Thanks.  Read Full »

What can cause blurry image, itchy eyes, and headache?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having lots of trouble with my eyes lately. Reading glasses are not helping me. Everything has begun to get blurred. I have noticed that I have been rubbing my eyes a lot and I have been getting headaches. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, there are many causes of decreased vision and itching for which you need to rub your eyes. Please answer a few questions. Since how long you are using glasses? When you had your last refraction? Do you have any eye allergy, itching, watering or redness that get...  Read Full »

What causes continuous eye allergy and irritation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have eye allergy for the past 1.7 years. I have consulted many doctors. I am using steroid eye drops too, but my eye allergy is still present. My eye irritates when it contact with blowing air, perfumes, air conditioner, strong odors, when I get cold and sometimes suddenly without any ...  Read Full »

Dr. N. Sathian

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be a generalized allergy with sneezing, cold eye symptoms and headache which could be due to sinusitis, pharyngitis and allergic conjunctivitis. This can be triggered either because of a drop in your anti-allergic immunity or any form of new exposure due to ch...  Read Full »

How to treat red eyes with headache and eye floaters?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some problems with my eye and need some assistance. I have red eyes from a few months now and have tried some drops and it has reduced. But still, I have some redness in the eye. Adding to it, I have some headaches and can see a lot of eye floaters from a week now. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Anjal Shah

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here your symptoms look more in favor of allergic conjunctivitis. This may occur due to allergy to dust, grass, pollen, cosmetics, soap, etc. Allergic conjunctivitis may be seasonal type. Try to avoid the above allergens to get rid away from allergy. You may have frequent...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine for itchy eyes.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. There is a lot of itchiness in eyes for the past three to four days. Please tell me what to do. Which medicine can I take?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have allergic conjunctivitis. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them (called an allergen). The eyes produce a substance called histamine to fight off the allerg...  Read Full »

Kindly tell me ways to cure eye allergy.

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old son has eye allergy for over two months now. When I consulted first, doctor suggested after inspection that it is a kind of seasonal pollen allergy and to give the eye drop Olopatadine along with Cellulose based eye lubricant. As it was not completely cured they gave steroid...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your doctor is right in saying that your son has allergic conjunctivitis. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them, called an allergen. The most common allergens are dust and pol...  Read Full »

My eyes are red and I have a tiny white dot in my eyes. What could this be?

Query: Hello doctor,About a week ago, I started feeling like an eyelash was inside my eye, and I rubbed my eye all day until I reached home. I could see my eye was very red, and around the cornea, there was a tiny white dot, the discomfort did not stop. A week later now I have one more dot, and my eyes are...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears to be allergic conjunctivitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Start with, 1. Moxifloxacin plus Loteprednol eye drop four times a day for three days then taper it to two times a day for the next three days then decrease it to one time a d...  Read Full »