Baby Vomiting

Why is my 1-year-old son vomiting and has a fever and cold?

Query: 1 yr old son has fever and cold for 3x day he is also vomiting. Temp 39.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: If temperature is 100 F or more, you can give syrup crocin (125 mg/5 ml) 4 ml sos 4 to 6 hourly. If temperature stays above 100 F for more than 3 days or if temperature crosses 103 F, it is advisable to get evaluated physically by a pediatrician with possible blood investigations based as per physic...  Read Full »

Are my 4 months old daughter's symptoms typical for her age?

Query: My daughter is 4 months old and this is what's been going on with her need answers or if over reacting. When she eats and even for long time after she is constantly puking. Sometimes white foamy puke. She makes a weird breathing sound when eating. And just regular breathing. Her nose is always ru...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi , Choking like act, not laughing or crying well is something need a careful & detailed evaluation that she might be having delayed milestones and that can have multiple causes. If you can connect with me on video chat , I can have a look at your baby to confirm it is something to be of co...  Read Full »

Is vomiting along with frequent sour smelling diarrhea a matter of concern in a 11-month-old kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My 11-month-old daughter has been sick for about a week. She was throwing up all day and vomiting and there was blood mixed with it at one pint. We were giving medicine to stop the vomiting. Her diarrhea has continued since Sunday night. It is progressed to the point that she is passi...  Read Full »

Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before I answer your query I would like to ask you some questions. Until when did your daughter have exclusively breast milk? When did you start other food along with breast milk? Did she have similar episodes in the past? Did she receive all her vaccines regularly?...  Read Full »

Why does my 5-month-old baby refuse to eat anything and sleep for a long time?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 5 months old. She vomits up everything she eats. She did not eat anything from mid-morning. We tried giving her some baby oatmeal and she would not even eat at all. We gave her that in the evening after trying her usual 6 OZ bottle that she did not take even an ounce of...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern about your little one. As the other doctors have said everything is all right, you need not worry or panic. As the babies grow the pattern of eating and urine changes. Now you can just feed on demand, no need to feed seeing the time. Do n...  Read Full »

What causes cough, vomiting, and flatulence in a 3 years old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My girl baby is 3 years old and weighs 17 kg. She does not eat properly and will not have any alternative food also. She has vomiting, for three days and vomited once or twice. She has flatulence and cough for two days.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the concern of a mother regarding a child who is not eating. Presently she is having a mild cough, which can be due to a mild sore throat or common cold and she might be vomiting due to this illness. The weight of the child is very good so do not w...  Read Full »

Why is there increased hunger with headache after taking medicines for stomach pain and vomiting?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 3.9 years old. He had stomach pain with vomiting last week. His doctor gave Lanzol junior tablet and Sucrafil syrup, for vomit Emset syrup. After two days he frequently said he felt very hungry and still drinking more water very often. Since the last two days, he is saying b...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Two days back your child had stomach pain and vomiting which appears to be due to food poisoning, you have given Lanzol (antacid), Sucrafil (antacid syrup) and Emeset for vomiting. But no antibiotic was given. The food poisoning seems to have corrected. Now your child ...  Read Full »

Why is my baby vomiting after eating solids?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is just five and a half months old and yesterday I started her on solids. Before that, she was exclusively on breast milk. I gave her a packaged wheat and apple baby food. Two hours after she ate it, she vomited everything out. So, the rest of the day I just gave her brea...  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the age of five and a half months, a baby will sit only with support. Neck holding is attained only by three to six months. So, it is normal. About the feeding, the ideal time to switch to weaning foods is when the baby completes six months. Until then breast milk ...  Read Full »

My 3.4 year old baby is having vomiting and loose motion. Please advice medicine.

Query: Hello doctor, My 3.4 years old baby had vomiting two times yesterday, and we gave him Ondem now he seems to be fine from vomiting. But he has now little loose motion. He did a toilet in bed two times while sleeping at night. And today while urinating, he had loose motion at the same time. But his s...  Read Full »

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please take my advice very seriously and if you bottlefeed your child anything like milk, juice or water you must stop bottle feeding and instead, feed on a cup with a spoon or without a spoon. Even if you argue about boiling or sterilizing the bottle, the feeding in...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have fever of 101 followed by green color vomitings in a baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My kid is 4 years old (baby girl) and weighs around 14 kg. She has fever of 101 from last evening followed by vomitings and motions. She is vomiting green color fluid and passing stool of same color, we have given her Calpol 250 mg 4 ml doses twice from yestday for every six hours. Shou...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your history, I can suggest please go to pediatrician urgently. May be need to do abdominal sonogram because green color vomiting is unsual in 4 years old children, sometimes there may be lying some intestine problem like obstruction. I am not making you sca...  Read Full »

I changed my baby’s formula milk, and it led to vomiting, and diarrhoea. Is this normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I changed my four weeks old baby’s formula milk, and it caused him to vomit after feeds and he had diarrhea. Should I change it to thick formula milk because he has reflux? Is this a normal side effect?  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the reflux point of view, the first thing that is to be done is to keep the baby at an angle of 35 degrees to the ground level after feeding. This will reduce the chances of reflux more than any medication. The next thing to be done before feed thickening is to ...  Read Full »