Common "Fallopian Tube Test" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Fallopian Tube Test

Hysterosalpingogram (HSG), sonohysterogram, and laparoscopy are the tests done to check if the fallopian tubes are blocked. HSG is an x-ray test, sonohysterogram is an ultrasound test, and laparoscopy is a minimally invasive diagnostic test. These tests are done to diagnose the cause of infertility.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Do I suffer from tuberculosis if Mantoux test is positive?

Query: Hi doctor, I had pulmonary tuberculosis in my teen age. After a full course of ATT, I was recovered and no findings on sputum and x-ray. Now, I am 30 years old. I have left lower abdomen pain since two to three years. But, it is not severe. The pain is intermittent and often relieved by passing stoo...  Read Full »

Dr. Mavani Jimesh Himatbhai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Mantoux positive is showing sensitivity to tuberculin antigen. It is a screening test and not a confirmatory test. If it comes positive, then do TB PCR (tuberculosis polymerase chain reaction) for confirmation. If that too comes positive, then it means there is a chance...  Read Full »

My dye test showed spillage of dye from the fallopian tubes. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my laparoscopy and dye done yesterday, and the results showed delayed dye spillage from both fallopian tubes. I have been married for three years, have no kids, I am 28 years old, and with normal FSH, LH, TSH, Testosterone, and insulin levels. My ultrasound shows tiny follicles s...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Jain

Answer: Hello, Welcome to A delay in the passage of dye may be due to some infection. Infertility seems to be due to polycystic ovarian disease or infection in the urogenital tract. Natural pregnancy is possible. Do perineal and pelvic exercises regularly. Go for walks regularly. Take flax se...  Read Full »

My HSG report shows normal tubes. Is there high chance of getting pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 years old female, trying to get pregnant. I have done the HSG test, and the tubes are normal and not blocked.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have seen your reports, and they seem to be normal. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would suggest doing proper ovulation monitoring for one month, starting from the 9-10th day to 16-17th day, until the egg gets ruptured and plan accordingly. Als...  Read Full »

What is the meaning of HSG test?

Query: Hello doctor, What is the meaning of HSG test? The uterine tubes are patent bilaterally. There is bilateral spontaneous contrast médium spillage into the peritoneal cavity. The contrast filled uterine cavity demonstrates normal morphology with a central immobile smooth spherical filling defe...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to HSG is hysterosalpingogram, X-ray while spilling contrast from the cervix to see patency of tubes. Due to infection, endometriosis and infertility issues, tubes could be blocked. So, to check the patency of tubes this test is advised. This report (attachment removed to ...  Read Full »

Can a 34 year old conceive?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 34 years old and trying to conceive. My report showed AMH 162, TSH 2.03 and prolactin 31.50. Can I get pregnant? I am also taking Clomid tablet in the first 4 days of the cycle.  Read Full »

Dr. Talpe Ashwini Nanasaheb

Answer: Hi, Welcome to TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) and prolactin levels are fine, but your AMH anti-mullerian hormone value of 1.62 is slightly on the lower side. At the age of 34, if you ovulate properly with good patent fallopian tubes and husband's semen analysis is normal, then...  Read Full »

Can we opt for IUI or ICSI to conceive?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife and myself have been married for one year and seven months. We started regular coitus about eight months ago for at least two to three times per week. Her cycle occurs every month, but ranges between 26 to 29 days. We are unable to conceive. Her hormonal profile and pelvic US are ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Having gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I feel you and your wife have a good chance of conception with IUI (intrauterine insemination). However, I would like to suggest you get your wife's tubes tested by means of a hystero...  Read Full »

Is there a way to prevent ectopic pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife had first ectopic pregnancy before two years and her left tube was ruptured. She had laparoscopic surgery at that time and the bleeding was stopped by laser and the tube was left in ruptured condition. After one year we tried, but did not conceive. After two years of the incident,...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to If tuberculosis have not done irreversible damage to the tube and endometrium (inner lining of the uterus), then pregnancy can happen either naturally or with treatment. A simplest way to check these two things is one mid-cycle ultrasound (around day 13 or 14 of menses) t...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to conceive?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old married woman. I have been trying to conceive for the past two months, but could not succeed. I got married six months back and initially for 30 days, I used I-pill. My periods are regular with 25 to 28 day cycles. My husband and I do not have any allergy or pre-existi...  Read Full »

Dr. Talpe Ashwini Nanasaheb

Answer: Hi, Welcome to When a women crosses 35 years, the chance of getting pregnant naturally reduces due to less number of eggs. I suggest you get a complete investigation like hormonal profile and fallopian tube testing. Also, get a semen analysis for your husband and then we can discuss fu...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.