Abortion

Related Terms: Abortion Pills, Pregnancy, Misoprostol, Folic Acid, Medical Termination Of Pregnancy, Radiofrequency Ablation, Birth Control Pill

Is abortion necessary if ultrasound shows no gestational sac?
Query: Hello doctor, I had LMP 40 days back and positive pregnancy report but after six weeks, ultrasound mass is there but no gestational sac. The doctor has advised to go for abortion. I am confused. Kindly help.  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many scenarios in addition to normal healthy pregnancy in early pregnancy like missed miscarriage (baby died or did not get heart beat), ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy growth outside normal location in female body where it is harmful to both mother and developin...  Read Full »

Will abortion bring down the chance of future pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 31 years old. I just got married six months back. I am 6 weeks pregnant. Since it was not a planned pregnancy, I would not like to continue the pregnancy. Considering my age, please provide an objective view.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe
Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you to continue pregnancy as you are 31 years now. It is the right age to have a child. Once female crosses 30 the complications in pregnancy, such as high blood pressure, thyroid problem and sugar issues increase. Also, the chance of getting pregnant i...  Read Full »

After abortion, my wife is bleeding from anus. How to manage?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife was admitted to hospital due to incomplete abortion and dengue fever NS1 reactive. She had 6 weeks pregnancy. Doctor has done surgical abortion and it was found dengue fever after blood test. She was admitted for three days. Her initial platelet count was 150000 and later 180000, ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How reliable were those blood tests? If those were reliable, then there is no need to worry for bleeding from two sites. Otherwise, repeat it from a good place. Secondly, just start any birth control pill from today as it will lessen the bleeding. I suggest Laxit plus...  Read Full »

Is the abortion process complete or not?
Query: Hello doctor, I recently had an abortion pill. I took Mifepristone tablet first then after 36 hours, I took four tablets of Misoprostol of 200 mcg orally. At first, there was light bleeding during one hour then after some time I had heavy bleeding and it almost soaked two pads and it continued for ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I guess you have not passed any tissue or mass like structures out of the vagina. So we cannot be sure about the complete termination of pregnancy. Presence of just bleeding does not ensure the complete termination. So our priority is to confirm it. Now it is a tim...  Read Full »

How to confirm abortion after taking abortion kit?
Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected intercourse on the 11th. My menses date was on 26th of the same month, but I missed my menses. I had a pregnancy test after eight days and it was positive. I took the first set of abortion pills on the same day at 6:30 PM. At 10:30 PM, I started to have bleeding and the ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you have not mentioned the name of the pills or the pack that you have taken for medical abortion. From the set of pills, I understand that you have taken two pills at 6.30 PM and then a second set of Misoprostol pills at 10 AM after 16 hours. This is a wron...  Read Full »

My friend took abortion pills and is now bleeding heavily. Does she need a D and C?
Query: Hello doctor,A 29 year old female had an abortion through pills. She took Mifepristone initially, and Misoprostol tablets 800 mcg sublingually 26 hours later. She had severe pain and contraction immediately after taking Misoprostol. Two hours later the placenta and blood clots came out. She had hea...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The dosing schedule was wrong. The basic mistake was you did not know the age of the fetus. This medical abortion is recommended for pregnancies that are less than 63 days. Now, you definitely need an ultrasound of the lower abdomen. It is fortunate that she is no...  Read Full »

I had an abortion seven months back. Why do I still have black colored periods?
Query: Hello doctor, I had an abortion seven months back. I have been having black colored periods bleeding from the last three months. The bleeding is black on all the days of the periods.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? That is quite a short history. Having black or altered blood in the first few months after abortion is common. We have to rule out the following possibilities. Get a pelvic scan to rule out any endometrial polyps or any uterine masses or any endometr...  Read Full »

Which method of abortion is better for 5 weeks of pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor,I am pregnant. The ultrasound shows five weeks ± two weeks of pregnancy. My symptoms are fatigue, emotional, indigestion, and anger. I am on Pantocid for five days. I want to abort my pregnancy. Please tell me which method is better - surgical or medicine?  Read Full »
Dr. Aman Deep Raj

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your ultrasound scan shows five weeks of intrauterine pregnancy, then you can go for a medical abortion by taking tablet Mifepristone 200 mg orally stat and after 48 hours of taking this medication, you can take tablet Misoprostol 400 micrograms orally and repeat ...  Read Full »

Why did I have very less bleeding after a medical abortion?
Query: Hello doctor, My period was delayed. I had a pregnancy check which was positive. I consulted a gynecologist since I did not want a baby and hence decided to go for medical abortion (as my son is just 12 months). She prescribed me with medicine and after 48 hours she had asked me to place 4 medicine...  Read Full »
Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. I have gone through your history and ultrasound scan and it is showing that the abortion is incomplete and there are a retained products of conception in the uterine cavity. (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Your docto...  Read Full »

What are the abortion options during 6 weeks of pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, I would like to get a summary of abortion options for someone 6 weeks pregnant. Please explain the risk statistics as in what percentage the patient have risks and what type of patients they typically are. The woman in question is an otherwise healthy 21 year old.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For someone who is 6 weeks or 42 days pregnant as per the ultrasound and the pregnancy has been localized intrauterine, there are actually two options: Medical termination. Surgical evacuation with suction and evacuation. 1. Medical Termination In medical abo...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Abortion? We have medical experts to help you right away.