Medical Advice on "Abortion"

I would suggest you to continue pregnancy as you are 31 years now. It is the right age to have a child. Once female crosses 30 the complications in pregnancy, such as high blood pressure, thyroid problem and sugar issues increase. Also, the chance of getting pregnant … View thread »

How reliable were those blood tests? If those were reliable, then there is no need to worry for bleeding from two sites. Otherwise, repeat it from a good place. Secondly, just start any birth control pill from today as it will lessen the bleeding. I suggest Laxit plus … View thread »

Firstly, you have not mentioned the name of the pills or the pack that you have taken for medical abortion. From the set of pills, I understand that you have taken two pills at 6.30 PM and then a second set of Misoprostol pills at 10 AM after 16 hours. This is a wrong … View thread »

The dosing schedule was wrong. The basic mistake was you did not know the age of the fetus. This medical abortion is recommended for pregnancies that are less than 63 days. Now, you definitely need an ultrasound of the lower abdomen. It is fortunate that she is not … View thread »

How are you doing? That is quite a short history. Having black or altered blood in the first few months after abortion is common. We have to rule out the following possibilities. Get a pelvic scan to rule out any endometrial polyps or any uterine masses or any … View thread »

I can understand your concerns. I have gone through your history and ultrasound scan and it is showing that the abortion is incomplete and there are a retained products of conception in the uterine cavity. (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Your doctor … View thread »

For someone who is 6 weeks or 42 days pregnant as per the ultrasound and the pregnancy has been localized intrauterine, there are actually two options: Medical termination. Surgical evacuation with suction and evacuation. 1. Medical Termination In medical … View thread »

Please ask her to wait for a week for her period to start. If it does not start by then, she can repeat urine pregnancy test. If the test turns out to be negative, ask her to take tablet Medroxyprogesterone acetate 10 mg twice daily for five days. Period normally starts … View thread »

This indicates that TORCH infections (toxoplasmosis, other - syphilis, etc., rubella, cytomegalovirus and herpes) might have caused the premature delivery or stillbirth. HSV (herpes simplex virus) causes herpes, CMV is cytomegalovirus and rubella is another viral … View thread »

If you had an ectopic pregnancy, then it would show on the sonogram. Pregnancy test could be positive due to leftover tissue. As it was removed, it should be examined by histopathology test. Sometimes hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) producing trophoblastic tissue (it … View thread »

Do you have a question on Abortion? We have experts to help you right away.