Blood Glucose Level

Related Terms: Diabetes, Hba1c, Blood Sugar Levels, Diabetes Management, Fasting Blood Sugar Level, Metformin, Insulin

Self-checking of Blood Glucose Level at Home for Diabetes Patients
Article Overview: This article discusses about self-checking of glucose level at home which is helpful and recommended, but variations can occur. Once in 3 months HbA1C level estimation is recommended.  Read Article »
Dr. Ajit V
Diabetologist

Any food or drink intake alters the metabolic milieu in the body. For example, insulin is released, digestion happens and glucose levels rise in the blood. Therefore the blood glucose levels rise and fall with each episode of food intake.  Self-checking of blood glucose looks at the glucose ...  Read Article »

What is the reason for having high fasting blood glucose level?
Query: Hello doctor,My MPV has been high with a range of 12.1 to 13.9 and my platelets have ranged from 128 to 173 for the past four years. The most recent is MPV of 13.9 and platelets of 157. I also had a high fasting blood glucose this time of 109. This is the first time that I have had a fasting glucose...  Read Full »
Dr. Kamal Kant Sahu
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I must compliment you for the excellent spreadsheet of your laboratory results. Regarding your CBC, we look at all three lines, Hb, WBC, and platelet count. A little variation individual to individual basis and with age is common. I can see that you are pretty young. A...  Read Full »

What is the acceptable range for blood glucose levels?
Query: Hello doctor, I have gotten different answers from various different doctors on this question. Maybe, you can give me a straight answer. What is the acceptable range for blood glucose levels? Some people say the lower end is 70 and some others say the lower end is 130. Please explain.  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many types of blood sugar testings are there, and the values for that are different. But worldwide, the most commonly used tests for the detection of diabetes are Fasting Blood Sugar and Post Prandial Blood Sugar. Fasting blood sugar test is done by taking the blood sa...  Read Full »

Why am I urinating more than 10 times a day?
Query: Hi doctor, I have to pee a lot of times a day though I do not have to wake up at night to go to the toilet. I have control over pressure, but I have to go more than 10 times a day. Also, I have to pass the stool after every meal. Why?  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please measure your fasting and postprandial blood glucose level as you might have diabetes. It is usually accompanied with increased thirst and increased hunger. Also, please get a urine analysis as you might have a urinary tract infection. It is usually accompanied with...  Read Full »

Shall I switch to Glycomet SR 500 mg to control my glucose?
Query: Hi doctor, I am in the initial stage of diabetes. I have been diagnosed before a year only. I walk 7 km a day and five days a week. Still, my present medication does not maintain my glucose levels. My average fasting blood sugar level is 140. I am currently on Glycomet 250 and I am wondering if I sh...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. From your blood glucose levels, it is clear that the medication you are taking is not sufficient to control your blood glucose. You have not mentioned if you are taking Glycomet 250 once or twice a day. If you are taking Glycomet 25...  Read Full »

How to have a normal blood pressure and sugar level?
Query: Hi doctor, My fasting blood sugar is 159.8 mg/dL. My postprandial blood sugar is 280.7 mg/dL. My BP is 160 by 90 mmHg.  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your laboratory report, I can see your blood glucose levels at a higher level than its normal range. HbA1C level (glycosylated hemoglobin) in blood will give us a better idea about your blood sugar control. You may need to start a treatment to reduce the blood suga...  Read Full »

I am not getting proper erection. Please advise some ayurveda medicine.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 53 years old male. I am taking hypertensive medications for the past 19 years. I am taking Telma 20 mg and Prolomet 15 mg in the morning. I am taking Aztor 5 mg during the night before bed. I am not getting a proper erection for the past two months. I want to reduce my obesity. Plea...  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your blood glucose level is in a higher range. Try to control your sugar servings in the meal. Your vitamin B12 is in a lower range, so add fish, egg, milk and fortified products for it...  Read Full »

Got tested for blood glucose fasting value, that came as 92 mg/dL. Is it on the higher side?
Query: Hi, My 10 year old son got tested for fasting blood glucose values and it came as 92 mg/dL (fasting). Is it on the higher side. Why it is so and what can be done?  Read Full »
Dr. Sukhvinder Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.The Fasting Blood Sugar (FBS) level of your son is within normal range. A blood glucose level of 100 mg/dL or less is considered normal for fasting state. If he has any symptoms suggestive of diabetes you may go for further testing with the advice of your paediatrician. Ho...  Read Full »

My blood sugar level keeps dropping. What is the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, Blood sugar keeps dropping even though I eat small meals every couple of hours. I am not diabetic. My HbA1c is 5.7 mmol. I am 28 years and weigh 145 pounds. Why does it keep dropping? I know it is because when I eat I feel normal again. It only lasts for a couple of hours before I sta...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you think you drink enough water? Dehydration can cause symptoms similar to a low blood glucose level. Please try to drink at least two liters of water a day, that is around eight glasses of water. Sometimes thirst can mimic hunger. So the next time you feel tired...  Read Full »

After 30 years of mitral stenosis surgery, another valve has got defect. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, The patient suffered from mitral stenosis. Before 30 years, he had surgical operation. Presently, he is suffering from chest pain. After thorough checkup, it reveals that the other valve of the patient got defective. In this regard, we seek your valuable advice. Is it possible to get surg...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are considering a valve replacement surgery, then you need a strict control of blood pressure and blood glucose level, which are both higher than normal levels (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Also, you should know that the 30 month survival after ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Blood Glucose Level? We have medical experts to help you right away.