Brown Discharge

About "Brown Discharge"

Every month, the uterus prepares itself for a possible pregnancy by thickening the uterine lining. If conception does not happen, the endometrial lining sheds itself. This is known as normal period bleeding which is usually red. But sometimes, the discharge itself may be dark brown or some may have a brown vaginal discharge just before their periods, during a pregnancy or while they are on the pill. This may be associated with other symptoms as well and is caused by various underlying health conditions which can be reasoned out only by an expert.

Related Terms: Implantation Bleeding, Beta Hcg, Spotting, Vaginal Discharge, Oral Contraceptive Pill, Sexual Intercourse, Urine Pregnancy Test