Finasteride

Related Terms: Minoxidil, Hair Loss, Hairfall, Male Pattern Baldness, Androgenetic Alopecia, Control Hair Loss, Biotin

Does Finasteride cause any sexual problem?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old and have male pattern baldness. I have consulted a doctor and started taking a tablet that has Finasteride in it. I take a dose of 1 mg per day. I looked up on the internet and it has side effects such as the inability to keep an erection and loss of sexual interest. Doe...  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Finasteride sometimes causes erectile dysfunction - erection problem. If it occurs, then it is treatable. In my personal experience, I have seen a few men whose erectile dysfunction has become difficult to treat. Now, it is up to you if you would like to take the...  Read Full »

Shall I opt Finasteride for hair loss?
Query: Hi doctor, I am losing my hair day by day. Can I use Finasteride? I have hydrocele. Is it related to my testosterone?  Read Full »
Dr. Annie Flora G

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not go to Finasteride straight away. First, the cause and the pattern of your hair loss have to be assessed. It could vary from seborrheic dermatitis to androgenic alopecia to any other skin disorders too. Then, treatment can be planned. Have a consultat...  Read Full »

Please explain the side effects of Finasteride.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old male. I am suffering from androgenetic alopecia since I was 18. Recently a doctor advised me to take Genesis (Finasteride) along with Novophane capsules and to spray Minoxidil. I want to ask whether this is the right type of medication. Also what are the possible side ...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are few misconception related to Finasteride. Yes, it is true that it has side effects. Loss of libido and erectile dysfunction are a bit rare. Finasteride 1 mg every day is the dose recommended by Association of Dermatology and there are so many study and resea...  Read Full »

Is it fine to plan for baby while taking Finasteride?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been consuming Finasteride 1 mg for more than a year for androgenic alopecia. I have mild hair fall concentrated at the vertex. My hair started thinning before four years, mostly at the vertex. My age is 36. I am in excellent health and married. Now, I am planning for a baby. Curre...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and do understand your concern. Studies have shown that there is no risk to the mother or fetus if the partner is on Finasteride 1 mg daily while conceiving and thereafter. However, females should avoid handling these tablets during pregna...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have diffuse hair fall after taking Finasteride?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been on Finasteride for three months now. Recently, I have been having a huge shed of around 100 hairs a day, up from 5 to 10 before the treatment. The hairs I shed are thick but half the length of the rest of my hair. They are also thin at the base of the hair. This hair loss ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When Minoxidil is started, it can lead to hair loss at first because it regulates hair cycle and all hairs go into one phase leading to diffuse shedding of the hair. But eventually it stops. Ensure proper diet with Vitamins and Minerals. Take Biotin supplements along wi...  Read Full »

Are Hair4U lotion and Biotin safe medicines for hair loss?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am suffering from hair loss for the past three to four years. I can see my hairline slowly receding from the forehead. I have been suggested Hair4U 10 % lotion and Biotin tablets. Do these drugs have any side effects on the body? Can I take Finasteride for h...  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment started by your doctor is fine. The only thing is that the treatment for hair loss has to be followed for a long time and you need to be regular with your follow up visits. Regarding side effects, both these medications (Hair4U and Biotin tablets) are pre...  Read Full »

I have less dense hair and thinning of hair.Will there be any problem while taking Finasteride along with Cyclosporine?
Query: Hello Doctor, I have less dense packed hair with slight thinning in the hairline and on the vertex. I have this condition since 2003. I am applying Minoxidil 5% since 10 years and from 2005 for every single day. My concern is I was diagnosed for Pure Red Cell Aplasia (PRCA), an autoimmune disorder ...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for sending such an excellent description of your medical history and reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I would like to say that both the dermatologists have recommended the best as per available literature in medical science, which clearl...  Read Full »

Does hair fall stop immediately with the use of Proscar?
Query: Hi doctor,I have been on Rogaine for 6 years and now on Proscar for 10 days. I had used it before, but went off. I cannot tell if I am still losing hair or not. Does hair loss stop immediately once Proscar is used?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both, Minoxidil and Finasteride takes time to act and in some cases it will take two to three months. Both are FDA - Food and Drug Administration approved for androgenic alopecia. You should always remember that if it is used once, then you need to take it for a lifetime...  Read Full »

Please suggest some medicine to improve premature ejaculation.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old unmarried male. I have been suffering from premature ejaculation for the past 12 years. As my friend suggested, I am using Suhagra 50 mg pill before intercourse and had good erection. During my first time intercourse, I had very quick ejaculation. I was able to hold my ...  Read Full »
Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can discuss with your dermatologist regarding erectile dysfunction and stop Finax (Finasteride). For premature ejaculation, I suggest Dapoxetine 30 mg one hour before intercourse. You can refer net sources and practice squeeze technique and Kegel exercise. Practice ...  Read Full »

I am a 25-year-old male with extreme hair loss. Kindly advice.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male with extreme hair loss. I was on Rogaine 5 %, Finax 1 mg, but losing lots of hair from the vertex.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your history looks like you have androgenetic alopecia, which is a genetic and hormonal hair loss. Are you still using Rogaine and Finax? Minoxidil and Finasteride are the medicine of choice for androgenetic alopecia. Can you please upload your clinical pictures so...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Finasteride? We have medical experts to help you right away.