Hyperhidrosis

Related Terms: Excessive Sweating, Acne, Alopecia Areata, Chemical Peeling, Dry Skin, Eczema, Genital Warts

What can cause hyperhidrosis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 15 year old boy and I have hyperhidrosis. I sweat so much. My shirt cannot stay on for at least 5 minutes. In some half an hour to one hour my whole shirt and armpit area will drench in sweat. Yes, I take a shower twice a day and put deodorant every day. I have even tried the anti...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating could be due to endocrine or hormone related issues. I have explained the causes below. Hyperthyroidism - A simple, non-fasting blood test called TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) will help in diagnosing this problem. Acromegaly - Ano...  Read Full »

I am suffering from hyperhidrosis. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I believe that I have extreme hyperhidrosis. My entire body sweats profusely when I experience even the slightest change in temperature, start exercising and even when I am simply resting. My back, armpits, forehead, and buttock sweat the worst and this affects my entire body. It has prev...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and can well understand your concern. For hyperhidrosis, it is important to rule out causes like anxiety and hyperthyroidism. Other causes may also be present. For this you may visit a physician to get adequately examined and tested. There are var...  Read Full »

Can homeopathy help with medicine induced hyperhidrosis?
Query: Hi doctor,If a patient gets hyperhidrosis due to medications such as antidepressants and stimulants, will exercising help? Does it lower the sweating? Or will make it worse? Can homeopathy assist on this issue? Thank you in advance.  Read Full »
Dr. Nirupam Kishor Joshi
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If medications cause hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), then unless you change them or stop them, sweating will not reduce. Homeopathy can help in the problems for which you are taking medicines such as depression, anxiety or any other problem. If you are overweight o...  Read Full »

Which antidepressant is less likely to cause hyperhidrosis?
Query: Hello doctor,Every antidepressant I take causes me a lot of hyperhidrosis. Which one on the market is less likely to cause hyperhidrosis? Fluoxetine?  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though the propensity of an antidepressant medicine to cause hyperhidrosis differs on a patient to patient basis, Mirtazapine and Bupropion are less likely to cause it. You can also discuss with the treating psychiatrist regarding adding Cyproheptadine or Benztropine...  Read Full »

Why does my palm sweat a lot?
Query: Hi doctor, My palm sweats a lot. Also my skin is too sensitive and gets tanned. How to get rid of it? Why there is a sudden growth of hair on my face?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. You have palmar hyperhidrosis. Hyperhidrosis may be idiopathic and primary, which means no cause can be rule out or secondary to other diseases such as metabolic disorders like endocrine diseases such as diabetes mellitus and hyperthyroidism. Dia...  Read Full »

Can my symptoms be related to multiple sclerosis?
Query: Hi doctor, I had an MRI with a possible indication of MS. I want to know based on the following symptoms, what type of MS it could be? A few weeks back, I had blurry vision in one eye for 20 to 30 seconds. My bladder wall is thick, and I had frequent urination problem. I consulted a urologist, and...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Although many of your symptoms can be explained by other factors, the presence of symptoms in collaboration with deep white matter changes points toward the possibility of multiple sclerosis. Among the given symptoms, trans...  Read Full »

Please guide us with the treatment for my mom's skin disease.
Query: Hi doctor, My mom is suffering from skin disease for the last two months on her palms and bottom part of her legs. She has an itchy feel from inside and usually her hands are getting tight and dry. The upper layer of her palm skin is coming out in patches. Please guide me with the pictures attached.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the given history of your mother. Most likely she is suffering from tinea manuum (fungal infection of hand) and tinea pedis and the second possibility is hand and foot eczema (dyshidrotic eczem...  Read Full »

Am I taking the right medicine for ringworm infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I had ringworm problem for the past three to four months. I used Abzorb - Clotrimazole powder and Betnovate GM cream. It did not stop, but increased spreading to other areas. Then I went to a doctor and he diagnosed it as tinea incognito. He prescribed Terbinafine 250, Levocetirizine ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are having ringworm infection then you are going on right track. You have applied Betnovate cream (Betamethasone), which is a topical steroid. It usually suppresses or hides your lesion. That is why it gets converted into tinea incognito (fungal infection m...  Read Full »

Excessive Sweating and Its Remedies
Article Overview: This article focuses on the causes and management of excessive sweating localized to certain areas of body.  Read Article »

Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating is one of the common disorders of sweat glands. It can trouble to the extent that one feels professional embarrassment while shaking hands and the individual usually avoids touching, which can lead to social seclusion or other symptoms of social anxiety disorders. ...  Read Article »

Palmoplantar Keratoderma - Causes and Treatment
Article Overview: This article discusses the general aspects of the commonly occurring skin disorder, palmoplantar keratoderma.  Read Article »

Palmoplantar keratoderma is a commonly encountered problem in day to day practice. This disease presents as a distressing thickened skin with fissured pattern, intermingled with recurrent eczema like flare up. Causes: The causes could be either. Exogenous or external factors like irritants, all ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Hyperhidrosis? We have medical experts to help you right away.