Moisturizer

Related Terms: Cetaphil Cleanser, Sunscreen, Benzoyl Peroxide, Actions Of Moisturizer, Levocetirizine, Acne, Dry Skin

Can moisturizer containing hyaluronic acid be used by a teenager?
Query: Hello doctor, I have bought a moisturizer for my 14-year-old daughter. She has dry skin. The cream says it contains hyaluronic acid. I heard it is used for anti-aging. Will this acid have a negative effect on her skin?  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hyaluronic acid is good for skin as it has moisturizing properties. The reason it is used as anti-aging is that of its moisturizing property. As we age, we lose moisture from the skin along with the loss of collagen from dermal part of the skin. I would suggest yo...  Read Full »

Role of Moisturizer in Various Skin Illnesses
Article Overview: As there is increasing trend of dryness related problems, in this article we focus on the knowledge and use of moisturizers.  Read Article »

Dryness of the skin is mainly due to reduced water content of the superficial layer of skin. Usually water gets lost due to evaporation and so maintenance of water content is dependent on the lipid and natural moisturizing factor in the superficial layer of skin. Natural moisturizing factor of super ...  Read Article »

I have itchy red rashes that wrinkled after applying moisturizer. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am having problem with dry skin and rashes. I have a history of atopic eczema on the neck for which I am applying Flutivate cream. 4 weeks back some red rashes started coming up with itching. I thought it is because of dry skin so I applied coconut oil and moisturizer. The redness has g...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Please share in detail about the onset, progression and duration of rash. Is popliteal fossa (shallow depression behind knee joint) or antecubital fossa involved?  What is the predominant complaint? Is it itching or burning? Do you have any rash over your thigh? Kind...  Read Full »

Please suggest tips for very dry skin.
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 20 year old female. I have too much dry skin. I mean extra dry skin. I use almond oil and moisturizing soap, but it is not effective.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The skin has to be moisturized well soon after a shower. Use a moisturizer which has ceramide in it like Eucerine moisturizer. Apply to body as soon as you come out of a shower. Continue using a moisturizing soap. Avoid hot shower, use warm water. Drink two to three l...  Read Full »

Does dry scaly red patches around mouth mean perioral dermatitis?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a secondary burn on my calf, after a month of self-treating. It just got worse. I play soccer and that and the sweat is what was irritating it. So I finally went to the doctor and they prescribed me SMZ, TMP DS. I took it for about a week until I realized I was having a lot of s...  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Right now you have applied too much moisturizer (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please apply Hydrocortisone cream two times a day for 10 days. If blisters or erosions are present then you may need oral steroid as well. So...  Read Full »

What treatment can be done for acne and pores on cheeks?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been using Isopropyl alcohol as a face wash (diluted with water) for the last eight years, and am exploring more healthier and effective skincare routines. I have a mild acne and huge pores on my cheeks. Currently, I have purchased a variety of products and would like to receiv...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your skin routine is good, you can go on with it. Please choose a moisturizer that is not clogging, and is non-comedogenic, lotion form is better than cream since you have mild acne. Niacinamide and Azelaic acid are helpful for acne, they are mild, but a higher concentr...  Read Full »

Kindly explain skin care tips to get a healthy skin.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27-year-old female. I have dry and sensitive skin. I noticed some changes in my skin. I got dark spots with dull skin. I feel like I have a hard surface. Please suggest some best skin care products for daily use to get a glowing and healthy skin.  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You follow these steps. Wash your face twice daily. Remove your makeup before going to bed. Apply moisturizer after cleansing. Take warm showers. Drink tons of water. Get eight hours of sleep every day. In the morning, use cleansing gel, antioxidant serum, and toner. In...  Read Full »

Please give some tips to maintain dry skin.
Query: Hi doctor, My skin on my legs feels dry after washing. I need to apply lotion immediately after I wash. However, after about an hour the skin feels tight and dry again. Is this dry or dehydrated skin? I am using Aveeno, could this be causing it? In the forearm, back of neck and underarms I have t...  Read Full »
Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read about your query. Dryness of the skin depends on the type of the skin individually. Since you are on moisturizer Aveeno, you can continue it with the following tips. Apply a moisturizer within three minutes of your bath because some amount of hydration sho...  Read Full »

Can you help me in getting my itching treated?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from itching in different parts of the body for the last three years. It increases during winter season, though it stays in summer season also. I had a past history of head dandruff, face itch and rashes, which was cured and relieved. At present, I am facing problem of i...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from atopic dermatitis. Do you suffer from any allergies? Is there any history of asthma in your family? Moisturizers, which are specially meant for such conditions and other medicines can be used. For example Aveeno or Cetaphil DAM lotion. I...  Read Full »

Suffering from severely chapped lips. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27-year-old, 5 foot, and relatively an athletic female. I have been suffering from some pretty severe chapped lips. I realized this was common because of the cold weather and dry heat from the furnace, so I was treating them with a two-step process with intensive lip moistener. Ab...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chapped or cracked lips is usually a common complaint in winters. From your clinical image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your lip cracking does appear significant. Applying Vaseline and moisturizer are good remedy options. But given recurrences, you ne...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Moisturizer? We have medical experts to help you right away.