Medical Advice on "Moisturizer"

Hyaluronic acid is good for skin as it has moisturizing properties. The reason it is used as anti-aging is that of its moisturizing property. As we age, we lose moisture from the skin along with the loss of collagen from dermal part of the skin. I would suggest … View thread »

... trend of dryness related problems, in this article we focus on the knowledge and use of moisturizers ... … View thread »

Please share in detail about the onset, progression and duration of rash. Is popliteal fossa (shallow depression behind knee joint) or antecubital fossa involved?  What is the predominant complaint? Is it itching or burning? Do you have any rash over your thigh? … View thread »

The skin has to be moisturized well soon after a shower. Use a moisturizer which has ceramide in it like Eucerine moisturizer. Apply to body as soon as you come out of a shower. Continue using a moisturizing soap. Avoid hot shower, use warm water. Drink two to three … View thread »

I have read about your query. Dryness of the skin depends on the type of the skin individually. Since you are on moisturizer Aveeno, you can continue it with the following tips. Apply a moisturizer within three minutes of your bath because some amount of hydration … View thread »

You seem to be suffering from atopic dermatitis. Do you suffer from any allergies? Is there any history of asthma in your family? Moisturizers, which are specially meant for such conditions and other medicines can be used. For example Aveeno or Cetaphil DAM lotion. I … View thread »

From your description, it looks like you have irritant contact dermatitis. Are you using any other cream as daily cream with the face wash? If yes, stop it. Use a non-scented moisturizer in the morning and evening. I suggest using Desowen Cream (Desonide) locally. … View thread »

My inference from the above is that your skin is facing lack of oil. There is dryness which makes your skin vulnerable to sun and other external influences. Hence it gets dark. However, with moisturizer the skin gets adequate moisture and hydration and stays supple and … View thread »

As I can see from the picture uploaded (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is some redness and there are few sores. There might have been a contact dermatitis. You could find relief from using Cetaphil moisturizer and Mometasone and Fusidic acid cream … View thread »

I have checked the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The wrinkles are due to severe dryness (a type of eczema). The treatment involves: Avoid sun exposure, soaps or detergents. Use gloves when washing dishes. Use strong moisturizer … View thread »

Do you have a question on Moisturizer? We have medical experts to help you right away.