Neck Exercises

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Neck Pain, Mri For Low Back Pain Or Neck Pain, Poor Posture At Your Work Place, Back Pain, Vitamin D, Neck Stiffness

Can we correct back pain through chiropractic treatment?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I have mild back pain for over two years. Also, I feel uncomfortable while walking, a feeling of unbalance and pain in my right leg. I have gone to orthopedician and he recommended for an MRI scan of spine. I have attached the report here. The MRI scan shows mild ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms and I saw the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is no worrisome compression on your cord. You should do spinal extension exercises and isometric neck exercises to prevent significant spinal degeneration. The sca...  Read Full »

Why is there pain below the shoulder?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife has pain in the area below the left shoulder for the past one week. The pain is there even when she deep breathes, moves her left hand, or does any movement. She is a feeding mother, has overweight and had a cesarean delivery a year ago. She had a similar complaint but reduced ...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel that the pain is coming from the neck and this is a fairly common pain diagram for neck issues. She needs to look at her posture and as she is feeding this is even more important. Also holding the baby may make things worse. See a good physio and do some n...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of neck pain due to prolonged sitting?
Query: Hello doctor, I have to sit nine hours per day at work. Due to long time sitting, there is a pain in my neck. What should I do to get rid of this pain?  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A very common issue with people working on the desk. Long hours at a stretch spent in poor posture and bad ergonomic position leads to the symptoms you describe. I will recommend reading about the correct office or desk posture and making changes to your laptop scree...  Read Full »

I have a heavy neck and lifting head when lying is difficult. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old male. I have a very heavy neck from the last seven months. When lying in the supine position, lifting the head up is very difficult (as if something is pulling from behind). While standing and looking up at the ceiling, I get a cracking sound which is quite loud and...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, the disc prolapse is a finding on the MRI. Not to worry about it as it is not causing any compression on the spine or on neural structures. I would like you to do basic neck stretches. Do lots of icing. The most important thing is to maintain your...  Read Full »

Kindly tell me which ear is having BPPV.
Query: Hello doctor, I had an episode of BPPV this morning. I had a couple earlier this year and I am confused as to which is the bad ear so I can do the proper procedure. It happens in this scenario: I lay on my left side and switch to my right. Vertigo starts up when I lay on my right side but only afte...  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With details of your history, it is difficult to say which side it is on but since with Epley, you get vertigo when you do on the right side, it seems to be more on the right side. It does not matter which ear it is in or if it is bilateral. The treatment is the same. T...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment and exercise for back pain.
Query: Hi doctor, A few years back, I suffered from a pinched nerve in my neck and that incapacitated me with severe pain. A chiropractor saved my life and my sanity. I have also been told that I have degenerating vertebrae in the neck area. For several months, I have had recurring pain in my right shou...  Read Full »
Dr. Saswati Nanda
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain and radiation depend on the extent of the disc derangement and the compression of nerve. If the derangement is grade 1 or 2 means mild or moderate, then it can be solved by physiotherapy treatment or chiropractor treatment. But, if the derangement is grade 3 mea...  Read Full »

I have a stiff neck and back pain. Could it be a heart attack?
Query: Hello, doctor, I am anxious about my heart. I cannot tell what is causing me to feel like this. I have a stiffness in the side of my neck with some pain in the upper left part of the back. I am able to pin point it. The chest feels weird on the left side. The ECG, chest X-ray and CBC were normal. Ho...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In all probabilities, it is not a heart attack. Neither your symptoms nor the investigations are compatible with a heart attack. I think you should stop worrying about a heart attack. From your description, it sounds like a cervical spine problem like spondylosis or...  Read Full »

I have severe pain in my shoulder and neck. Please suggest a treatment.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old female. I have been having pain in the shoulder and many times, this pain extends from the neck to the whole left hand. It pains a lot. I am suffering from this pain for more than six months. It pains so much like I have no control over my body and I get tears in my ...  Read Full »
Dr. Durgesh Srivastava
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable causes are cervical spondylosis or peri-arthritis of the shoulder. First, I need to ask few things: Do you have any co-morbidity like diabetes or hypothyroid? Do you have pain in any other joints? Do you have pain just when you get up in the morning? Does ...  Read Full »

From my MRI, can you point out what is causing the back pain?
Query: Hi doctor, Other than Bell's palsy, I have a problem of back or neck pain now. In fact, this has been going on for a few months now. More recently, the right of the back (lower back and hip) has been causing a lot of pain. I got an MRI of spine done four weeks ago. I am attaching the report here fo...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your new symptoms, they are due to degenerative changes in your spine that is, wear and tear after usage (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The changes are there in the whole of your spine, maximum at the neck than at the lower back. There is no ...  Read Full »

What is the issue with my upper back?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from lower back pain for the past five months. After going through physiotherapy and other exercises, I feel better. Now, I have developed upper back and shoulder pain too. I think it is because of the exercise I did before. I have attached my MRI of lower back, C-spine...  Read Full »
Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your query what I understand is that you have lower back pain that is well controlled with physiotherapy exercises, but have recently developed upper back and right shoulder pain which you think may have been brought upon by some of the exercises. Let us discuss y...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Neck Exercises? We have medical experts to help you right away.