Normal Baby Growth

Related Terms: Normal Fetal Growth, Baby Normal Behavior, Pregnancy, Amniocentesis, Amniotic Fluid Index, Baby Care, Pregnancy Complications

Query: Hi doctor, I am concerned about the health of my nephew who has got brain injury during his birth. In the past he had DHA supplements and used to do exercise. I need your consult regarding the extent of injury, effects, solutions and medication. Please guide.  Read Full »
Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly give me some more information about the clinical status of your nephew such as age, growth pattern, milestones and any other symptoms associated with it. Revert back with the asked details to a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/n...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 5 months old. She started rolling at her fifth month birthday. She rolled for two or three days. But, she did not roll since yesterday. Is this normal?  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A baby starts to roll or turn on its back at 5 months of age. Since your child has started to roll at 5 months, this is absolutely normal for this age. In initial days, the movements are a bit slow which the child picks in a few days. So, you should not worry about this. ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My 3-month-old baby is sick. He is not taking breastmilk but drinks a little water by spoon. He has loose motions. I have tried few medicines but he has not stopped vomiting frequently after feeding. I have tried giving antibiotics twice but it increased the loose motion and it does n...  Read Full »
Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child seems very fine because he has got a good weight gain. Now, coming over to your problems, your child is suffering from simple viral infection because multiple systems are involved like the respiratory and gastrointestinal tract. To deal with the resp...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am the proud father of a baby girl, who is 1 year old. The problem is that we have noticed a very slow increase in her weight. She is almost a year old, but her weight is still 7 kg. I just want to know if there is anything we can do to know the cause of why she is having such a pro...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Mittal
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned about her birth weight. That will give us an idea about how much weight she has gained. Our criteria for good health in young children are their feeding, sleep, and activities. If all these parameters are normal, there is nothing to worry. She w...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,My son's tongue comes out while sleeping and most of the time. He is six weeks old. While breastfeeding, he uses his tongue to suck the milk. Is this normal? Please advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the child is just six weeks old, you need not worry. It is normal for the baby to do this. It is just a variation. Do not panic and just relax. Watch your baby grow and change habits as he grows. For further information consult a child health specialist online --...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My 7 months old baby boy is dropping down his head occasionally. Sometimes, he has some mild jerks. Jerks were at the time after his feeding or after he wakes up. That time, he just swallows or lick his lips with tongue. Otherwise, his activities are very normal. He can hear us, identify...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your question with care and understand that you are concerned about few jerks your kid has. First and foremost, I would like to appreciate and congratulate you for giving detailed descriptions. Regarding the jerks, they are quite normal for his age. You need t...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 3 months old. She swallowed a small thread. Will it harm her? And her tongue is white and thick. She also snores a little. She often vomits milk, which contains mucus. My doctor said this will get cleared as she grows. Please tell your opinion. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Small thread does not harm the child. It will pass spontaneously. Small amount of regurgitation is normal in children. We should be more concerned if she is not taking food adequately. Ensure your baby is gaining adequate weight and growing well. For further information c...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,My 18 weeks old baby appears to have less interest in her bottles. She is only drinking approximately 20 to 24 ounces of milk instead of the recommended 30 to 35. She has become more irritable, crying, biting her hands and tethers. When I give her a bottle, she drinks a few ounces then ...  Read Full »
Dr. Laurent Hiffler
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your feelings and preoccupations. I might have to ask you a few more questions but here are some attempts to give you a beginning of an answer. Well, I would be dishonest if I would send you the miracle answer. But let us try together. What was your little...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My son, who is just 2 weeks old, is displaying worrying tendencies. He refuses to breastfeed. He cries when put to the breast. At birth, his weight was 3.77 kg. After two weeks, his weight is 3.5 kg. Should I be worried? His stool today was bit strange, a clay-colored stool was followe...  Read Full »
Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Crying when trying to feed might be due to nipple confusion. Do not bottle feed. In first two weeks, there can be weight loss. If persistent, then give formula feeds with spoon or glass. Stool can be any color. There is a need to worry only if passing bloody stools. Nose ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 14 weeks old. His weight is 7 kg and length is 65 cm. He is formula fed since birth. I noticed that in the last month he began to take significantly less milk than before and I cannot understand why. Between 1 to 2 months of age, he used t drink around 1000 mL per day. Howe...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can put it across in these words. Let the child decide how much milk to drink. No forcing, please. Also, you do not need to worry at all. The weight of your child is excellent. The weight of 7 kg for a 3 months old child is superb. Also, there are no other symptoms, and...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Normal Baby Growth? We have medical experts to help you right away.