Medical Advice on "Ovulation"

The hormone reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) submitted are normal and the ultrasound seems fine. But, as there is no detail about the sizes of follicles reached during both cycles of ovulation induction it is difficult to make a comment here. … View thread »

How are you doing? As you mentioned, it is too early to diagnose pregnancy even in the blood. Had you ovulated on the 17th as you say, it would have reached the tube on that day. Let us say, the sperm too had reached at the same time and formed an embryo, it would stay … View thread »

No need to check ovulation daily. Just try to regularize your cycle of treatment in a proper way. Let me know the details. An irregular cycle means indirectly you are not ovulating properly or not at all. The mucus produced at the time of ovulation as well as before … View thread »

This is not an implantation bleed or spotting at all, instead it is the initiation of a withdrawal bleed which is natural to occur after taking an emergency contraceptive pill like I-pill. The withdrawal bleeding is initiated within next 7-10 days after the pill and this … View thread »

The symptoms you are describing could also be due to the premenstrual syndrome (PMS) which is caused by the influence of the progesterone hormone post-ovulation which can mimic pregnancy to a small extent. Although you had intercourse around the time of your ovulation … View thread »

Regarding irregular and heavy flow, I would like you to get a urine pregnancy test done with early morning urine sample. Also, get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause. Do get a complete blood count and thyroid profile done. Generally, irregular heavy flow … View thread »

If your periods are irregular, then tablet Ovacet (combination of  L-Methylfolate, Myo-Inositol, and Vitamin D3) alone is less likely to induce ovulation. However, the tablet will help in normalizing metabolism and decrease the resistance to ovulation induction … View thread »

The best way to check for an ovulation pain or mittelschmerz is to check for LH (luteinizing hormone) surge with an ovulation kit. If the test is positive, then you are likely to ovulate or have ovulated already. The pain can also be due to your submucosal fibroid. I … View thread »

As you have got PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease), it is very difficult to say the dominant follicle in your case. Usually, it is the dominant follicle that releases the ovum on day 14th of your cycle. As per your scan, it seems that all the things are not dominant … View thread »

First of all, 1.5 cm and 1.4 cm are a very small size for a cyst. Because, in every cycle around ovulation one of your ovary makes around 3 cm follicle (cyst). In a sonography, if it looks clear without any shadow in the cyst, then it is homogeneous and when something … View thread »

Do you have a question on Ovulation? We have experts to help you right away.