Ovulation

Related Terms: Unprotected Sex, Emergency Contraceptive Pill, Pcos, I-pill, Beta Hcg, Fertile Period, Conception And Pregnancy

Ovulation and Safe Period: What is the Safe Period to Have Sex?

Article Overview: This article discusses the safe period to have sex which can prevent unwanted pregnancies.
Dr. Sabita Laskar

What is Safe Period? It is the period when supposedly a woman has the least chance of getting pregnant. Women go through monthly changes in their body in the name of the menstrual cycle. A monthly cycle has two components: Proliferating phase: This is the period which begins soon after the menst ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. My height is 5'1" and my weight is 61 kg. I am a bit overweight. I have pcod problem. I got married 2 years back and I cannot get pregnant. I had Clomid and hCG injections twice. Both were failed. But, doctor said that my egg growth is good. I have attached my hormon...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hormone reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) submitted are normal and the ultrasound seems fine. But, as there is no detail about the sizes of follicles reached during both cycles of ovulation induction it is difficult to make a comment here. Ho...  Read Full »

Fertility (or) Ovulation Period Calculator

Trying to conceive? Then, you are at the right place! Our Fertility Calculator will help you discover the most fertile days of your menstrual cycle. It aids in letting you know when is the best time to get pregnant. Sexual intercourse during the fertility window in your menstrual cycle will increase the chances of getting pregnant quickly. This tool provides you the "Estimated Fertility …

Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking Clomid since early this year. I started with 50 mg and there was no ovulation. So, then I took 100 mg and again no ovulation. Now, I am on 150 mg and according to the OPK, I ovulated on the 17th. I know this sounds crazy, but I feel different. I have a pulling pain ...  Read Full »
Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon Menon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? As you mentioned, it is too early to diagnose pregnancy even in the blood. Had you ovulated on the 17th as you say, it would have reached the tube on that day. Let us say, the sperm too had reached at the same time and formed an embryo, it would stay...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question to ask about the ovulation period of a woman. How can we count the day of ovulation? Do we count from the first day of the period or from the last day of period?  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ovulation day is counted backward from the last day of the menstrual cycle. For example, if a woman had a regular cycle of 30 days so she will ovulate 14 days prior to her last day of that cycle. Meaning, she ovulates on the 16th day of her cycle. Another examp...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have irregular periods. Should I use ovulation test every day? Also, how to increase cervical mucus? Is it always visible?  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. No need to check ovulation daily. Just try to regularize your cycle of treatment in a proper way. Let me know the details. An irregular cycle means indirectly you are not ovulating properly or not at all. The mucus produced at the time of ovulation as well as before ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected withdrawal method sex two days before ovulation and had one I-pill within 30 hours. Today, I am experiencing period like cramps from morning. I just saw some spotting which may or may not be my early period. I am regular in my periods. My last period was on 12th of la...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is not an implantation bleed or spotting at all, instead it is the initiation of a withdrawal bleed which is natural to occur after taking an emergency contraceptive pill like I-pill. The withdrawal bleeding is initiated within next 7-10 days after the pill and this ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I want to stop having menstrual period. I am 38 and widowed. I go through pains in both period and ovulation. Kindly recommend a drug that can stop ovulation and menstruation permanently. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For stopping menses, few medical options are there but you have to be on hormones continuously and it could have some long-term side effects as well. But, if you go for a surgical option, it would be permanent with no side effects. You can have continuous Progestero...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,My partner and I had sex on the 28th of last month. We used a condom, but I still have some doubts. The expected date of my periods is on the eighth of this month and I had sex two weeks ago. But from the last two days, I have body ache and pain in my belly. Also, I am feeling sleepy d...  Read Full »
Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you are describing could also be due to the premenstrual syndrome (PMS) which is caused by the influence of the progesterone hormone post-ovulation which can mimic pregnancy to a small extent. Although you had intercourse around the time of your ovula...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old. My period and period symptoms have always been the same every time. I always have severe PMS symptoms with horrible cramping, breast soreness and on the first day of my period I always pass big blood clots with heavy bleeding. My period will last anywhere from 3 to 5 da...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding irregular and heavy flow, I would like you to get a urine pregnancy test done with early morning urine sample. Also, get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause. Do get a complete blood count and thyroid profile done. Generally, irregular heavy flow coul...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Ovulation? We have medical experts to help you right away.