Ovulation

Related Terms: Unprotected Sex, Pcos, Emergency Contraceptive Pill, Conception And Pregnancy, Fertile Period, I-pill, Beta Hcg

Ovulation and Safe Period: What is the Safe Period to Have Sex?
Article Overview: This article discusses the safe period to have sex which can prevent unwanted pregnancies.  Read Article »
Dr. Sabita Laskar

What is Safe Period? It is the period when supposedly a woman has the least chance of getting pregnant. Women go through monthly changes in their body in the name of the menstrual cycle. A monthly cycle has two components: Proliferating phase: This is the period which begins soon after the menst ...  Read Article »

Despite ovulation induction, I did not get pregnant. What to do now?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. My height is 5'1" and my weight is 61 kg. I am a bit overweight. I have pcod problem. I got married 2 years back and I cannot get pregnant. I had Clomid and hCG injections twice. Both were failed. But, doctor said that my egg growth is good. I have attached my hormon...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hormone reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) submitted are normal and the ultrasound seems fine. But, as there is no detail about the sizes of follicles reached during both cycles of ovulation induction it is difficult to make a comment here. Ho...  Read Full »

Trying to conceive? Then, you are at the right place! Our Fertility Calculator will help you discover the most fertile days of your menstrual cycle. It aids in letting you know when is the best time to get pregnant. Sexual intercourse during the fertility window in your menstrual cycle will increase the chances of getting pregnant quickly. This tool provides you the "Estimated Fertility …

Read Full »

Is it possible to have ovulation and period symptoms when on Depot?
Query: Hello doctor, My period started 12th of last month. I reviewed the Depo shot two days later. I had unprotected sex nine days later. He ejaculated in me several times. I thought I would be protected but I am also having symptoms of ovulation like high (hard) cervix with a sharp pain in my ovary, the...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depot injection does not offer immediate protection and it is advised to maintain abstinence for at least three weeks post-injection before the hormonal balance is readjusted for the cycle. Also, intermenstrual bleeding in form of dark brown blood is a common side ef...  Read Full »

There is no ovulation in spite of raising the dosage of Clomid. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking Clomid since early this year. I started with 50 mg and there was no ovulation. So, then I took 100 mg and again no ovulation. Now, I am on 150 mg and according to the OPK, I ovulated on the 17th. I know this sounds crazy, but I feel different. I have a pulling pain ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? As you mentioned, it is too early to diagnose pregnancy even in the blood. Had you ovulated on the 17th as you say, it would have reached the tube on that day. Let us say, the sperm too had reached at the same time and formed an embryo, it would stay...  Read Full »

How is the ovulation day in a woman determined?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a question to ask about the ovulation period of a woman. How can we count the day of ovulation? Do we count from the first day of the period or from the last day of period?  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ovulation day is counted backward from the last day of the menstrual cycle. For example, if a woman had a regular cycle of 30 days so she will ovulate 14 days prior to her last day of that cycle. Meaning, she ovulates on the 16th day of her cycle. Another examp...  Read Full »

How to know the ovulation period if the cycle is irregular?
Query: Hi doctor, I need help in understanding an ovulation period. My last period began around 23 or 24. My period lasts approximately for 6 to 7 days, and my cycle is sometimes irregular and it will be 30-32 days. Can you help me determine my ovulation period? I am currently on Blisovi Fe 1.5/30.  Read Full »
Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope you know that the medicine you are taking (for whatever reason) is an oral contraceptive pill. These medicines prevent ovulation, so no period of ovulation. Now let us consider, as if you are not taking medicine, and have irregular cycles. Calculating from the f...  Read Full »

How to find the ovulation in irregular menstrual cycle?
Query: Hi doctor, I have irregular periods. Should I use ovulation test every day? Also, how to increase cervical mucus? Is it always visible?  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. No need to check ovulation daily. Just try to regularize your cycle of treatment in a proper way. Let me know the details. An irregular cycle means indirectly you are not ovulating properly or not at all. The mucus produced at the time of ovulation as well as before ...  Read Full »

I am trying to conceive since eight months. Can I have some advice on ovulation prediction?
Query: Hi doctor,When should I expect ovulation to occur if my cycles are different each month? It has been ranging from 31-35 days. We are trying to conceive, and I take prenatal vitamins every day. We use Pre-seed lubricant and have been trying for eight months now with no luck. Can I have some advice on...  Read Full »
Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally, the rule of thumb is that ovulation takes 14 days before the next periods. In your case, you can take an average of your last three cycles and check with ovulation kit available in the market, starting from two days before two days after the extrapolated date...  Read Full »

Kindly guide me to know the ovulation period as I have irregular periods and trying to conceive.
Query: Hello doctor, I had periods on 30th of last month. I do not really know when my ovulation is because I have irregular menses and I am trying to conceive.  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a really short description of your query. In an irregular cycle, it seems around 30 to 35 days better to have sex on alternate days on expected days of ovulation. It is better to have combined oral contraceptive pills for three months to regulate your cycle and th...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ovulation? We have medical experts to help you right away.