Tips To New Mothers

Related Terms: Importance Of Breastfeeding, Breast Feeding, Breast Milk, Conception And Pregnancy, Anxiety, Benefits Of Breastfeeding, Colostrum

Benefits of Breastfeeding and a Few Tips to New Mothers
Article Overview: There are so many misconceptions about breastfeeding, so here are some tips for the new mothers.  Read Article »
Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Lactation Counselor

Breastfeeding is the most beautiful thing for the mother and the baby in humans, just as for all mammals. There are so many misconceptions about breastfeeding and always a new mother will be in a confused state regarding breastfeeding. Here are some tips for the new mothers. When Should One St ...  Read Article »

Can I use fan or AC for my 3 days old baby?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a new mother delivered a 3.7 kg baby boy through C-section before three days. I stay abroad and came to my mom's place only for delivery. As it is getting hot now, I am feeling tough and dehydrated. People around me say that I should not put the baby in AC room, directly under the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.You can use both fan as well as AC (air conditioner) according to your wish.Only thing is you need to keep your baby little away while using the fan as your baby's nose might get blocked. So, using AC is the best option.There is no special precaution required. As usual kee...  Read Full »

Positive Thoughts for a Healthy Pregnancy
Article Overview: Pregnancy is a time when the whole family feels elated. But, for the mother, it is a time when she witnesses many changes taking place inside, both physically and mentally. So, let us read some of the tips for a healthy pregnancy.  Read Article »
Dr. Indhupriyadharshini

Pregnancy is the most beautiful feeling in the world, but it also brings with it a lot of confusions and questions. Here, we have some tips to deal with this period of mixed emotions. Scientifically, there are two types of changes in pregnancy. They are - Physical changes. Mental changes. Physical ...  Read Article »

Difficulties Faced by a New Mom
Article Overview: A woman when becomes a mother for the first time, she has a lot of confusions and worries. This article is aimed to make mom worry-free.  Read Article »
Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
Paediatrician

There are many questions usually running in the mind of a new mom. The most common worries are: Why is the infant crying? Why he/she is not sleeping? Why do not I understand what the baby wants to say? What to eat and what not to eat? These are all common problems, and you do not need to wo ...  Read Article »

I have conceived after trying for five years. Should I be on bed rest?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 34 year old female in the seventh week of pregnancy. I have conceived five years after we started trying for a baby. My blood, urine, and ultrasound test results are normal. But, my doctor has advised me a complete bed rest till the 12th week. Could you please comment? Is bed r...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? There is a big misconception in the minds of many patients and sadly some doctors too, that rest is going to help pregnancy a lot. Let me explain. I do not see any risk factors in you. The age of 34 years is not too high. We do advise complete bed re...  Read Full »

My 45 days old baby is fussy and aggressive while I feed her. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, My baby girl is 45 days old. She is fully breastfed. At many times, she seems to be fussy and aggressive while I nurse her. I rule out either the possibility of milk being too fast or too slow since on both occasions she seems to react the same. After being fussy, she appears to be on and...  Read Full »
Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a common problem most mothers will face. The success of breastfeeding involves the participation of both mother and baby. Both of you have to learn to feed. I suggest you a few tips for a successful breastfeeding. Let your baby lie in a straight line. Both baby...  Read Full »

How to know whether your breast milk is sufficient for the baby?
Article Overview: Breast milk is a nature's gift to provide the entire nutrition required for a newborn. In this article, I have highlighted the importance of breastfeeding, a few breastfeeding tips and advise to breastfeeding mothers. I have also explained the ways to understand if the breast milk is sufficient for your baby.  Read Article »
Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi
Lactation Counselor

Breast milk is the nutrition which nature has provided and is packed with all that is required for your baby till 6 months of age. Importance of Breastfeeding: A new born healthy baby has to be started on exclusive breastfeeding as early as possible after birth and continued till 6 months of age ...  Read Article »

ABC of HIV Prevention - Safe Sex and Condoms
Article Overview: This article discusses how the correct use of condoms prevents and protects us from HIV and other STDs.  Read Article »
HIV AIDS Specialist

HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) is one of the most serious and deadly diseases of the modern era. Here, we talk about safeguarding ourselves from this disease. HIV can be transmitted in three main ways. Whenever there is HIV, all three routes of transmission are equally possible. Hence, it is ess ...  Read Article »

Please suggest a medicine for my baby's gas problem.
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 28 days old. She is suffering from gas problem. I am not sure if it is colic pain as she does not cry a lot, but she is struggling to pass gas. She is squeezing her entire body to pass gas and due to this, she is not able to sleep properly. She will wake up in the middle of...  Read Full »
Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. New born babies, who are exclusively breastfed, will usually not develop gas like adults. While breastfeeding, they swallow some amount of air, which they try to bring out and strain for that or vomit feeds. It is a very common problem and can be easily overcome by ap...  Read Full »

One Single Food for a Newborn's Complete Needs
Article Overview: A complete guide to wellness and health benefits of breastfeeding your little loved one. It is a unique bond of affection, love and care that leaves positive impact on the baby's life forever.  Read Article »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
Paediatrician

Mother's breast milk is a complete diet for the newborn that suffices all the needs of the baby for the start of a healthy life. Breast milk is: Easily digestible and is a completely nutritive, having all the necessary nutrients. Full of immunoglobulin (to save the baby from disease causing ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Tips To New Mothers? We have medical experts to help you right away.