Weakness

Related Terms: Anxiety, Muscle Weakness, Physiotherapy, Vitamin D, Vitamin D Deficiency, Diabetes, Hypertension

Are knee weakness and hand tremors GAD-related?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male in good health.My knees feel stiff and weak when walking. It also happens on my finger joints. Also, I sweat a lot and my hands start shaking (fine tremor) with light activity. I do have a generalized anxiety disorder. Are my symptoms GAD-related? This started ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generalized anxiety disorder is one possibility, but also we have to exclude other organic causes like for example hyperthyroid disease (by testing TSH, T3, and T4). If you have performed any blood tests please send a copy of them. One thing that differentiat...  Read Full »

Manometry shows weakness halfway down the esophagus. What could it be?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had dysphagia for a few months. My endoscopy and barium swallow had been normal. The manometry showed weakness halfway down the esophagus. The pH test for 24 hours showed GERD. I tried eating a burger, and every bite of it got stuck. After that, I had a hoarse voice for a whi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The manometry and pH (potential of hydrogen) tests are not normal. The pH shows a gastroesophageal reflux and the manometry shows some weakness in the mid esophagus. You need to ...  Read Full »

I have weakness and pain in the arm. Should I anticipate surgery?
Query: Hi doctor,I recently had an MRI on my neck. I have a 75 % weakness and pain on the left arm (tricep). Should I anticipate surgery?  Read Full »
Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear this. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI report shows a pressure on the nerves in the cervical spine (neck). These nerves eventually go to your upper limbs. Hence the pain and weakness in your a...  Read Full »

Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?
Query: Hello doctor,I am suddenly feeling faint, weak, shaking, confused, and as if moving in slow motion. It has been going on for nearly 24 hours. Is this low blood sugar or stroke?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a sign of: Dehydration. Urinary tract infection. Excessive fatigue. Alcohol. Marijuana and other substances intoxication or withdrawal. Postictal state (seizure). Electrolyte disturbances. Others would also include infection of the central nervous system ...  Read Full »

I have weakness, headache and stomach upset after a cat scratched me. Should I be worried?
Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old girl. This week, I bought two kittens and a dog. I took good care of them and cleaned them thrice a day. One of my kittens scratched me a bit, but I cleaned the scratch with soap and alcohol. It has been six days and the scratch is gone. But, I feel very weak late...  Read Full »
Dr. Ehsan Samarbafzadeh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like you most probably do have a cat scratch disease. The symptoms usually appear a few days after the cat scratches or bites. The typical symptoms are fever, tiredness, and also a lymph node enlargement, although not all of them might appear in every patient....  Read Full »

I have numbness, weakness, and tingling of limbs and face. What can it be?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I am very worried. I have symptoms like numbness, weakness, tingling in my limbs, head, tongue, and face. I have tooth print on my tongue sides. I have soreness behind the ears and on the eye. I can see black spots with one eye. I went to the eye doctor. He said eve...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to a metabolic disorder (thyroid gland dysfunction, vitamin deficiency, etc.).For this reason, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician and performing some tests to...  Read Full »

What can cause weakness in postmenopausal period?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been in menopause for 6 years now. Over three months I have been having bouts of weakness in shoulders, arms and sides of stomach. I feel very weak and strange. I do not feel dizzy. Sometimes it starts with a hot flash. Or else I will stay awake with this terrible feeling and will ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rohit Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the details provided by you. All investigations are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity) such as hemoglobin levels, non-diabetic, with normal resting EKG. So, these are not issue in your case. However, the following are the possibil...  Read Full »

I am having weakness, high fever and body pain. What is the reason?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 57 years old male. I am facing weakness and high fever and body pain symptoms for a while now. Upon doing some routine tests with a local clinic, the test values are as below:RBC count- 5.48.Hemoglobin- 8.16.Hematocrit- 28.9.MCV- 52.71.MCH- 14.88.MCHC- 28.24.RC distribution width- ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fever, weakness, and lymphocytosis in CBC are suggestive of viral infection. Symptomatic management is done with nonsteroid anti-inflammatory drug. Your physical examination should be done first that includes lymph nodes, spleen, liver palpation, auscultation, etc. I...  Read Full »

Why is there weakness and back pain after delivery?
Query: Hi doctor, A few days back my wife felt weakness and back pain and today she felt too much pain in backbone while sitting and while laying down. This pain started after delivery. She cannot move fast. This time she is in pain and I am very upset about what to do. She is a child's mother so please h...  Read Full »
Dr. Firas Arnaout

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From her young age and recent childbirth, she might have suffered from a slipped disc in her back. Does she have any leg pain? Please note that if she suffers from any urine or bowel disturbance then she will need to see a specialist straight away. My recommendation ...  Read Full »

Is pain and weakness in the knee while walking associated with multiple sclerosis?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been referred to a neurologist by the general practitioner but the appointment is six weeks away and I am worried.I would like to know if this sounds like MS and what scans I might likely to have? The complaint started with numbness in the distribution of the femoral nerve two...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms do not seem to be related to multiple sclerosis. So, just relax and do not worry about it. In my opinion, your complaints are related to a possible bulging disc in the lumbar vertebral column, which...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Weakness? We have medical experts to help you right away.