Medical Advice On "Newborn and Baby"

Dr. Faisal  Abdul Karim Malim
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the child has reduced oxygen supply due to such an incident, it may lead to brain damage which will be manifested in a day or two post this incident as a convulsion. That is how you will come to know that this kind of ... View thread »

Dr. Deepak   Patel
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question in detail and I know that you are very concerned about your child but do not worry. Muscle stiffness and fever can occur after a DPT vaccination and is not a contraindication for vaccination. ... View thread »

Dr. Amit  Modi
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment of atrial septal defect in neonate or infant depends on the size of the defect and clinical condition of the child. If the child is stable, it can be left alone and sometimes it closes by the age of 3 years ... View thread »

Dr. Baratu  Bhaisara
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your concern is whether oxygen was necessary. Whenever the baby is having wheezing and respiratory distress, giving Oxygen is necessary to avoid impending ventilation-perfusion mismatch. It is ... View thread »

Dr. Vivek  Chail
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please find my observations below. Second-hand smoke or passive smoking can cause SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) only in infants who are exposed to such smoke regularly and in a closed environment like their house ... View thread »

Dr. Baratu  Bhaisara
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Local swelling after vaccination is the known side effect. Just apply ice over it for 3 to 4 times a day. No need to rub or massage, just apply ice. No need for plaster. It is local swelling, ... View thread »

Dr. Salam Salloum
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This condition is more of pediatric cardiology rather than adult cardiology. However, I think that if the stenosis is minimal then it should only be observed at this stage with regular yearly echos. If the stenosis ... View thread »

Dr. VijayKumar Mundeshi
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keep trying to give breastfeeds as much as possible till 6 months completion. Different brands of milk powder have different tastes. So, you can change what they like (as advised). Do not dilute more or give more ... View thread »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The medical terminology for having different colors at different parts of the iris is heterochromia iridis. Although some people naturally have this since birth, it could be a possible early sign of a few eye related ... View thread »

Dr. Sirisha
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can start weaning (gradually reduce mother's milk and start giving solids). Start giving semisolid food after she is 6 months. If you are breastfeeding your baby then, you can express breast milk and store it for ... View thread »