Pain In Groin

How to treat a hard lump in the groin area?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old female. I have a hard lump by the inner thigh and groin area for around two months now. I am on contraceptive pills for the past five years.  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the details you presented. Can you feel any pus or fluid kind of thing inside it? Is there any rise in temperature in the area around? Also, did you shave that area where the lum...  Read Full »

Is the pain in my groin due to STD?

Query: Hi doctor,I have pain in the groin area for the past eight years, and I cannot walk, stand, or run and perform work activity for long. Please help. I feel it is STD because I am not an athlete. I took medicines for chlamydia and yeast infection in the penis.  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tablet Emanzen D (Serratiopeptidase with Diclofenac Sodium) twice daily for three days. Tablet Zifi (Cefixime) 200 mg twice daily after food for five days. Fucidin (Fusidic acid) cream at daytime for seven days. Miconazole gel at night for 15 days (on the lesion). ...  Read Full »

What could be the red, sore, and swollen lump in the groin?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a lump on my groin, which is red, sore, raised, and swollen. I consulted a doctor, and they said to try some antibiotics. But if they did not work, they said it might have to be cut out. I have bad anxiety, and I am so worried as to what it is. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It looks like a form of infection or inflammation. Is there any history of sexual exposure? What is the duration of the lump? How painful is this? Does any other site involve? The attached photographs in your message are not...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my testicle, groin, and abdomen after a vasectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a vasectomy two months back, and I had extreme pain with ejaculation the first several times and severe pain. Meanwhile, I felt testicle pain and radiation of pain to my groin snd abdomen with some nausea. So I did the NSAIDs protocol, and it never resolved. So the urologist gets a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for consulting us. Your pain after vasectomy, which was done three months back, reexploration and removal of the granuloma, and persistent pain in the testis, might be due to PVPS (post-vasectomy pain syndrome). But a diagnosis of pain syndrome is when this pain co...  Read Full »

Can ejaculation cause pain in my lest testis?

Query: Hello, I just want to ask a question regarding the pain in my left groin and to my left testes when I am ejaculating/having sex and masturbating. After I orgasm, the pain will subside and will feel normal again. The pain is tolerable. Hoping for your response soon.  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Dear, Please rest assured that you don’t have a nerve damage. However, we must rule out three possible reasons: inflammation of the epididymis, a cyst, and testicular cancer. The last one is of greatest importance since lower back pain can also by a symptom if it. This is done by a urologist...  Read Full »

Does a drained anal abscess still need surgery to prevent recurrence?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an abscess.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please provide me further details about your case?  Read Full »

What are the causes of lower abdominal pain in men?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband is 28 years old. He has had¬†lower abdominal pain since two months. I have marked the paining area in the attached picture. He has pain in the area just behind this in the back also. The pain is mild about 0.5 in 10 scale and sometimes 2 or 3 out of 10. There is a mild burning ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at your husband's urine routine examination report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is very clear that it is unlikely to be UTI in any form. I think the groin pain could be non-specific. It may be related to your posture, nature of work, etc. I...  Read Full »

What is the reason for constant lymph node enlargement in the groin region?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old female with so far great health. I have had problem in my groin about six months ago. I am looking for a second opinion and ideas for relief. Over the past year, I have been getting on and off swollen lymph nodes in my groin area. One time when I was a teenager, I go...  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Infected lymph nodes in the groin area could be due to many reasons. This includes groin, genitals, urinary tract, leg, and foot. The infection could be of any reason, viral, bacterial or fungal. Very rarely repeated enlarged groin lymph nodes are due to cancer. It c...  Read Full »

What causes mild pain in the left groin area and testicle?

Query: Mild pain started last night in left groin area( increases while moving) and mild pain also started in left testicle(not continous but happens sharply while changing body postures or breathing deeply). No nausea, no vomit, no other issues. Male, 20, not on any medications ? ?  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi and thanks for consulting us Left groin pain radiating to left testicle can be due to left ureteric stone or left epididymoorchitis or left small inguinal hernia. Left ureteric stone is characterized by lion to groin pain some times if the stone in the left lower ureter pain can be from groin r...  Read Full »

I have constipation with a feel of stuck in the penis and pain in groin region. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had constipation for a while. I have the feeling stool stuck at the tip of my penis, and I now have lower left groin pain near the left side of my penis that radiates down to the testicle. It is persistent and it does not go away. I took 500 mg Keflex twice last night and this...  Read Full »

Dr. Francois Pierre Jacques Griesel

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms could indeed be caused by an infection of the urinary tract, prostate or even a collection of small tubes in your testicle. If it is an infection the antibiotics will start work only after 24 to 48 hours. Your symptoms could also be caused by other iss...  Read Full »