Medical Advice on "Radiation Oncology"

Dr. Anshul  Varshney
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Radiation enteritis is a very common side effect of radiation therapy. I need to know the following: How was this diagnosis made? What medications is he taking? Also, mention the part of ... View thread »

Dr. Saurabh Samdariya
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, based on the reports, the patient is hypovolemic (low BP). He needs a good oral diet and maybe if required admission and supportive care in the form of IV fluids. It looks like a recurrent disease in sub- ... View thread »

Dr. Andrew Chellakumar Fenn
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the lesion looks suggestive of a breast abscess and not suggestive of a breast cancer. But FNAC is not ... View thread »

Dr. Satya  Narayan
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, he did not need whole body PET scan now. Yes, the standardized uptake value (SUV) number indicates the probability of cancer as it increases, but it is not confirmative. The SUV number can be increased in case of ... View thread »

Dr. Andrew Chellakumar Fenn
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably non-cancerous. Non-necrotic means that there is no dead tissue inside the node. Necrosis indicates either tuberculosis or cancer. If the node does not regress with antibiotics, it may need further ... View thread »

Dr. Varadarajan   Kumar
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The current treatment for the early breast cancer is breast conservation surgery and sentinel lymph node (axillary node) sampling. Please find out what modality is being planned to address the axilla as not all ... View thread »

Dr. Satya  Narayan
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the investigation are more in favor of locally advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. In such advanced cases, usually, the patient is planned for palliative treatment in the form of oral medication Sorafenib, which is ... View thread »

Dr. Andrew Chellakumar Fenn
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following are the questions which come to my mind, which is not provided by the information you provided: What were the complaints of your patient? Why is she on a ventilator? What is the working diagnosis of ... View thread »

Dr. Andrew Chellakumar Fenn
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When the patient has been diagnosed to have stage 4 lung cancer, the survival depends on lots of factors. They are co-morbidities such as diabetes and hypertension, performance status whether he is abe to walk around and ... View thread »

Dr. Shravana  Kumar Chinnikatti
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mammogram delivers less dose and fetus will be far away from the radiation field. However, a close follow-up with ultrasound of the fetus and obstetrician is necessary. For further information consult a radiation ... View thread »