Eye Pain

Related Terms: Headache, Dry Eyes, Migraine, Redness In Eyes, Glaucoma, Sinusitis, Blurred Vision

What causes cluster headache, eye pain & allergy to light?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having burning eye pain with a cluster headache which usually increases in the afternoon and keep increasing until bedtime. Tightly tying a cloth around my head and eyes covered gives relief. There is a severe allergy to light. Darkness is preferred during the attack. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are most likely suffering from a migraine headache. Eye pain is part of the migraine complex. If you have these episodes you are advised a detailed consultation online or offline with a neurologist. Some initial steps that may help are: Follow a strict schedu...  Read Full »

My right eye pains, and I see blind spots while doing any activity. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, My right eye pains and I see blind spots while doing any activity. And I feel my brain and my eyes are not coordinating. I have vitamin B12 deficiency, for which I take injections.  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly get your refractive error checked, as it can cause both your symptoms. A retinal assessment will also be helpful. Can you please elaborate on the brain-eye coordination? Revert with more information to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icli...  Read Full »

Why am I having eye pain and discomfort even after using new glasses?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having dry eyes problem since last four years due to regular eight hours computer use. There is burning also sometimes and reading puts stress on eyes. I consulted a doctor and started using Softdrops daily 3 to 4 times before computer use, and taking Retinox tablets periodically...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of dry eyes (computer vision syndrome). There is no permanent cure for dryness. Power on both your eyes is negligible (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In my opinion, if there is no headache then you can avoid these glasse...  Read Full »

I have headaches, eye pain and vomiting. Kindly advice.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old female. I have a cluster head ache for the past five years. I feel severe pain behind my eye, which normally ends with vomiting. This happens for three to four days at a stretch. I do not want to undergo any surgery immediately. Hence, kindly advise me medications t...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I want to inform you that a cluster headache is a type of a migraine and it needs to be managed like one. The guidelines suggest that if you have two or more days lost in a month due to a headache, the prop...  Read Full »

I have an eye pain after I got hit by a toy bullet. Do I need to visit a doctor?
Query: Hello doctor, I have severe pain in and around the eye after I got hit by a toy gun bullet unexpectedly. There is a slight redness in the cornea and a pricking sensation below the eye ball.  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As it is a blunt trauma, you have to be treated immediately. Pain is a significant symptom which needs to be evaluated soon because it could be due to superficial tears or abrasions. You will need a slit lamp examination. Later, you will also need a retina screening to...  Read Full »

My eyesight is getting worse due to pain in the corner of my left eye. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. I have pain in the corner of my left eye for the past one year. I went to the doctor, and he gave me Sterdex. I used it and felt better. My pain went away. After a few months, I started to have pain, but it was not so severe as the first time. I wear glasses and lenses...  Read Full »
Dr. Manish Mahabir
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Minimize the use of steroids as much as possible to avoid side effects such as an increase in eye pressure leading to glaucoma. Both Sterdex (Dexamethasone) and Chibro are steroids. They may relieve your symptoms in the short run but may harm your eyes if used for long ...  Read Full »

What is the ayurveda treatment for eye pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I am getting eye pain when I look into my mobile or computer. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a very common problem faced by youngsters who spend long hours in front of the computer screen. This is called dry eye syndrome. A condition where the protective tear film in the eyes gets depleted causing pain and irritation in the eyes. Use Itone eye drops (her...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get nose, head, and eye pain by wearing glasses?
Query: Hello doctor, I have severe nose pain due to wearing glasses and it makes my head and eye pain. I do not know what is the problem with the nose bridge because it pains so much while wearing glasses as I have a high power. I need to wear at all time. Is the problem with my glasses?  Read Full »
Dr. Manish Mahabir
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you told, that your nose bridge starts paining after using high power glasses, there are a few measures that you can take. Use high index glasses, they are thinner and lighter. Try smaller frames, the weight of glasses will be less. If you have high minus power or hi...  Read Full »

My right eye is bigger than the left one. Why do my eyes pain and get watery?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old girl, who weighs 59 kg and I am 165 cm tall. In some of my pictures, my eyes do not look the same. The right eye is quite bigger than the left one, but my eye lens looks the same size. Are there any ways to solve this problem? Is there any side effects of this? My eye...  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is completely normal, as long as it does not interfere with your vision. Eyes have different parts like lens, sclera, iris, pupil, etc. As you have been talking about lens size that is a different thing, lens size has nothing to do with the overall eye size. You can...  Read Full »

Am I receiving the correct treatment for my migraine?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a left-sided headache and was advised an MRI. I was told by my doctor that it was a migraine. He prescribed Betacap TR in the morning, Tryptomer at night, and Naxdom 500 in the case of a severe headache. But suddenly, there is a left-sided pain with eyes and ear pain.  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query and understand your concerns. A migraine is often characterized by unilateral headaches and often affects young females like you. It is often accompanied by eye pain. The treatment prescribed by your doctor is according to the standard clinical practic...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Eye Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away.