Isabgol

Related Terms: Constipation, High Fibre Diet, Avoid Constipation, Lactulose, Hemorrhoids, Laxative, Probiotics

Why do I have pellet-like stools and bloating from few months?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17 year old female. My weight is 140 kg and height 5'4". I need your guidance and advice on something that has been going on for a very long time. In the past, I have been a vegetarian, paleo, vegan, etc. And I am currently a vegan because I feel it is the right thing to do. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). It is a benign disorder, requiring only supportive management to regularize bowel habits. This disorder occurs in many people these days (10 to 30 % population are affected by this). This condition is aggravated by low fiber intake...  Read Full »

Have developed piles during pregnancy, Is it possible to have a normal delivery?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 9 months pregnant. I am nearing my due date. I have developed piles during pregnancy. Initially it was fine, but now it has become big, swollen and painful. Can you suggest a remedy for it? Is it possible to have a normal delivery due to piles? Please give me a suitable solution, so ...  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. Sometimes piles increase in pregnancy and decrease after delivery. Regarding the method of delivery C-section (cesarean) or normal delivery depends on several factors not related to piles, so let your gynecologist decide. You can d...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for Internal Hemorrhoids?
Query: Hello doctor, I could feel a lump near my anus from around 5th of December. About 3-4 days back it burst and I could see blood coming out while cleaning after passing stools.Now the bleeding has reduced, but I can still see blood oozing while I wipe the area with a tissue.I was diagnosed with i...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In this type of hemorrhoids (internal hemorrhoids), we first give medical treatment and if the condition does not improve, then we can consider for endoscopy and surgical treatment. Advice: Take high fibre diet in the form of plenty of salads, fruits and v...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have pain and tightness post hemorrhoidectomy?
Query: Hi doctor, I had hemorrhoidectomy before six weeks. I still feel some pain and tightness while sitting. Is this normal after six weeks? I think I have anal stenosis. Stool is difficult to pass even when soft. Always have to strain and never passes naturally. I know I have a hard scar tissue. I...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, this is not normal. Pain could be due to fissure and stenosis of the anal opening, but it needs a physical examination to confirm it. I would suggest drinking lots of water, have fiber diet and chew the bolus properly to avoid constipation. You can also try any stool...  Read Full »

Why is there increasing amounts of mucus in the feces?
Query: Hi doctor, My 77-year-old wife has had constipation issues all her life. This coupled with IBS that generally results in at best small balls of feces. This is day five of no real bowel movement. She had a total knee replacement nine months ago and para-esophageal hiatal hernia repair. Early on use ...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The mucus usually results from prolonged constipation and has nothing to worry. She needs to take measures to avoid constipation. Have a high fiber diet. Avoid constipating foods. Take 2 to 3 liters of water daily. You can have low dose laxatives like Cremaffin (Liquid...  Read Full »

Why do I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I go out?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. My weight is 63 kg. I have masturbation habit for 6 years. My stomach gets bloated and there is gas formation. I also have tiredness and diarrhea. I have to apply pressure for passing urine and stools. I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I got to go out ...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a common problem, most of the individuals have bad bowel habits in some forms. This kind of problem is called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). This disorder leads to bloating and fre...  Read Full »

Is there any medication or laxatives to cure constipation?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from constipation. Stool is so hard and has got stuck in the colon. I am on keto diet. So, fiber intake is low which may be the reason. Is there any medication or laxatives that I can take?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from constipation, and you should increase fibers in the diet. I would advise you the following: To get a thyroid function test done as hypothyroidism might be the cause of constipation that you are having. To take laxative like Lactulose in the ...  Read Full »

Can vitamin D supplement worsen constipation?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have vitamin D deficiency of about 6.51 ng/mL. Also, I am suffering from severe constipation with very slow bowel movement. Currently, I am taking ayurveda medicine for the fissure. Can vitamin D supplement make constipation worse? Please help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin D supplement has to be taken once a week. The most easily available one is capsule Uprise D3 60 k. Now for constipation, I would suggest you the following: Get a thyroid function test done as hypothyroidism might be the cause behind the constipation that you ar...  Read Full »

What could be the tear in anus after anal sex?
Query: Hi doctor, I got married recently and tried anal sex. Because of it there is a small tear in her anus. This incident happened 3 weeks back. She does not have any pain while motion and also there is no blood or white mucus in the stool. But, she feels a flesh strand (like thread) at her anus opening...  Read Full »
Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it looks like your wife had an anal fissure, due to the tear. You should have a look at the strand that is hanging from the anus and locate it and then consult me. Depending on that, we should be able to better help her. However, it is most im...  Read Full »

What can cause irregular periods and feeling of incomplete bowel emptying?
Query: Hi doctor, Over past 3 months my periods have become irregular. It was regular throughout my life. I faced spotting between periods and had been detected with a submucosal fibroid of 2 cm. For the past 3 months, I feel in the morning after passing bowels that my bowel has not cleared. This feeling ...  Read Full »
Dr. Viral Dineshchandra Vyas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that your periods are irregular and you have a feeling of incomplete evacuation of bowel. This type of combination is seen in hypothyroidism. So you need to check your thyroid function after consulting a physician. These two problems can also be total...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Isabgol? We have medical experts to help you right away.