Radiofrequency Ablation

Related Terms: Laser, Radiofrequency Procedures, Electrocautery, Holter Monitor, Radio Frequency Cautery, Tonsillectomy, Coronary Artery Disease

My mom was treated for trigeminal neuralgia, with no relief. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, My 58 year old mother has a history of trigeminal neuralgia from the past four years. She was initially treated with Carbamazepine, but she had a severe allergic reaction, due to which it was stopped. Oxcarbazepine was tried, and it caused allergy too. Pregabalin, phenytoin, and sod...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have tried all the possible treatments. I would suggest trying a medicine known as Tapentadol at doses of 50 mg twice daily, along with Gabapentin 600 mg per day. Consider radiofrequency ablation or alcohol injection into the nerve again, if no relief is ob...  Read Full »

Can food allergies cause palpitations? Taking Concor 5 for heart palpitations.
Query: Hello doctor, I had my first heart palpitations two years ago. One doctor prescribed me Ciplar LA 20 and Ecospirin 75 for three months. The doctor also suggested Dilzem or Flecarite on SOS basis. I got palpitation even after having the above medicines. Dilzem worked on as needed basis but since it w...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjib K Sahu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from paroxysmal atrial fibrillation and intermittent ectopic. Food allergies will not cause this problem but if you take spicy food, have lack of sleep, mental or physical stress can aggravate the problem. Usually, these medicines have no or littl...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for facet hypertrophy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old and suffering from facet hypertrophy. I have continuous lower back pain. I cannot stand for more than five minutes. I am taking Nuroday daily. I would like to know the treatment.  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you are 28 years of age and have continuous lower back pain which I think is not responding to the medications and conservative management. Normally at this age, conservative management in the form of anti-inflammatory medications, intensive phy...  Read Full »

What are the little bumps on my genital area?
Query: Hello doctor, I have little bumps on my genital area that could be genital warts. How do I know for sure, and what do I do to remove them and prevent infection?  Read Full »
Dr. Charu Bansal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. I have seen the attached photograph also (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As per details, these are the following possibilities for your symptoms: Molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection caused by Molluscum contagiosum ...  Read Full »

Would it be better to get steroid injection before ablation for neck pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I have had right-sided chronic cervical neck pain for the past six months. My MRI revealed the following. Bulging discs, C6-C7 and C5-C6 osteophytes and severe bilateral stenosis and typical degenerative disc disease. I visited a pain doctor hoping for a cervical steroid procedure, but in...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. You have had the same condition four years ago and treated with cervical steroid injections (three) and pain disappeared. Now, the pain has reappeared. Hence, steroids may...  Read Full »

Would taking Infliximab endanger pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I am currently working in a hospital. I have been diagnosed with psoriatic spondyloarthropathy six years back. I had severe pain in the right SI joint. Currently, I am not taking medicines except NSAIDs. My MRI was done and it showed MRI joint inflammation. I was advis...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Infliximab is a pregnancy category B drug that is it has not shown till now any birth defects in babies in trials. So, it can be used if required. I would not recommend SI joint (sacroiliac joint) radiofrequency at this stage. I would recommend yo...  Read Full »

I have some sort of allergy on penis head. What is it?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 31 years old. I have two small affected areas on my penis head and it is not going away. They get dry as they regrow and sometimes, I peel off the dry part using a nail cutter. I am really concerned about this. It is not smooth as it used to be. I am going to attach photos for you...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question and I have also reviewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are most likely warts or condyloma acuminata which is an infection caused by human papilloma virus (HPV). The infection is usually acquired by sexu...  Read Full »

Shall I use Surfaz-SN to remove the acne on my penis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. I have a small acne on my penis. Shall I use Surfaz-SN to remove the acne? If that is not useful, then please suggest me a correct cream. I do not like to go for surgery. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. With your description, it seems that you have developed molluscum contagiosum. Please get a review with a picture for better evaluation and the best possible treatment of your concern. Revert with photos to a dermatologist online --> ...  Read Full »

I felt a fluttering in my chest and was short of breath. What can be the cause?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male weighing 221 lbs. I felt a fluttering in my chest yesterday for the first time, which only lasted for five seconds and I felt short of breath. I got an ECG, x-ray, CBC and HbA1c done today. I am worried about my ECG being abnormal. I am scared that there could be s...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry because the probability of any serious illness at this age is low. However, these are probably an arrhythmia like atrial fibrillation or PVC (premature ventricular contraction), which are not a serious condition. These can cause all your symptoms and ...  Read Full »

Radiofrequency Procedures in Dermatological Practice
Article Overview: In today’s era, individuals are looking for natural ways to stay young without the risks and complications associated with invasive facial rejuvenation procedure. Out of all, radiofrequency procedures are ideal.  Read Article »
Cosmetologist

Radiofrequency energy is a novel non-surgical procedure, widely used nowadays in the field of esthetics, including skin tightening, skin lifting, body contouring and cellulite reduction. It differs from lasers, in that it uses an electric current rather than a light source. Radiofrequency devic ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Radiofrequency Ablation? We have medical experts to help you right away.