Medical Advice On "Vitamins and Minerals"

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. The cause of your symptoms can be related to brain disorder or vitamin B12 deficiency or eye problem. In my opinion, you should consult ... View thread »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause weakness, body ache and tingling sensation. But you told that after not taking the supplements your symptoms get ... View thread »

Dr. Anshul  Varshney
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For folic acid deficiency, you can take a dose of 5 mg per day for three months. For vitamin B12 deficiency, you can take Mecobalamine 500 mcg once a day for three months. Did you test for vitamin D deficiency ... View thread »

Dr. Smrita  Singh
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The folic acid tablets that you had taken for a month helped to raise your folate levels from 4 to 6. The high level of vitamin B12 can only be explained if you were given a single megadose of vitamin as an ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and below is my advice. The peptic ulcer can lead to minor bleeding in the intestinal tract and so anemia can develop due to it. For ulcer healing, Rabeprazole like antacid can be prescribed ... View thread »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not be scared. Repeat the tests soon. A raised B12 can happen due to laboratory error. Even after that, if you have SGOT (aspartate transaminase) above SGPT (alanine transaminase), you should do a USG (ultrasound ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For vitamin D, you should have tablet Uprise D3 60,000 units once a week for eight weeks with water or milk and after eight weeks once a month for the next six months. Also, sit in morning sunlight for some time. For ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your vitamin B12 level is slightly high. In such cases, hematological profile, liver, and kidney profile have to be checked. I want to check your full CBC and peripheral smear examination report as well. So, kindly ... View thread »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand all your concerns. Acid reflux is one of the adverse effects of taking Vitamin B12 supplements. I suggest that you test the vitamin B12 level as you have already taken supplements for three years. In case of ... View thread »

Dr. Divakara  P
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin. It means any excess of Vitamin B12 in the body shall be flushed out in urine. So just stop taking further vitamin supplements and the B12 level shall normalize. You can repeat the ... View thread »