Medical Advice On "Vitamins and Minerals"

Dr. Sumit  Srivastava
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Uric acid levels are within normal levels. Hemoglobin levels are reduced and should be around 12 g. Most probably it is due to iron deficiency anemia. She needs to take Iron and Folic acid tablets for a month and repeat ... View thread »

Dr. Aida  Quka
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that the muscle twitching could be related to low vitamin D levels. For this reason, it is important to take Vitamin D supplements. I would also recommend checking vitamin ... View thread »

Dr. Aida  Quka
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that we can exclude ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), considering the fact that you have sensory complaints (tingling and burning sensation). From the ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your vitamin D and HDL are low, and iron levels are low normal. Rest all reports are fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So, for vitamin D, you should have tablet Uprise D3 (or Calcitriol sachets ... View thread »

Dr. Sadaf  Mustafa
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your B12 is low and you should take Vitamin B12 1000 mcg daily orally for six weeks and test the level again. I see it was less on repeat but not sure how much was it spaced out and how much you took orally? Since it ... View thread »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, serum potassium of 5.5 mEq is a bit high. The usual range of serum potassium is 3.5 to 5 mEq/L. Although 5.5 mEq/L is not that high to produce symptoms, but as your query suggested you are feeling the irregular ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. It is not dangerous. It is a water-soluble vitamin and will be excreted in urine. You do not need to take any medicines for that, just have plenty of water. Measure level again after two weeks. Avoid ... View thread »

Dr. Magesh T
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have a low vitamin D and low vitamin B12. And, that could be causing tingling, numbness, and tiredness. For treatment, I would suggest tablet Calciquick 60000 units. You take the tablet once a week for ... View thread »

Dr. Magesh T
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read about your mother's complaint. I would advise you to have a basic blood investigation to look for serum potassium level. If potassium is low, she will need extra potassium in her diet like tender coconut water and ... View thread »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I cannot say it with utmost certainty, but yes it could be due to low vitamin D3 levels. The majority of patients with moderate to mild vitamin D deficiency (serum vitamin D between 15 and 20. The majority of patients ... View thread »