Treatment For Ovarian Cysts

How can a 4 cm dermoid ovarian cyst be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and I had my right ovary and tube removed during C-section, due to a 4.5 cm dermoid cyst. The cyst was found during an ultrasound scan, five years back. The surgeon said a cystectomy was no possible because the cyst had completely replaced the ovary. Could you p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Let me tell you, your right-sided cyst was having benign germ cell tumor that is a dermoid cyst, which is called as a mature cystic teratoma. Such a cyst is filled with cheesy mate...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for ovarian cysts?

Query: Hello doctor, I had cysts in both my ovaries. I had medications for a while, but I stopped using them. Since then, I have been vomiting almost everything I eat, and my stomach gets swollen all the time. I feel uncomfortable. I feel really sick every time I go to the restroom (almost every half hour...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Treatment of ovarian cysts depends on the size and type of the cysts and your age. If your age is less than 40 years and if the cyst is a simple one, it will resolve with medications. You can ask your doctor to prescribe some medicines to prevent acidity and vomiting an...  Read Full »

I had a laparoscopic removal of a chocolate cyst.Is it possible for me to get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female. I am not yet married. In October 2013, I had a laparoscopic removal of a chocolate cyst measuring 10cm. The doctor suggested me tablet Ovral-L. But, after that I had aneurysm and could not take those tablets. Now, when I got scanning done 4 days ago, they fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there are chances for the recurrence of chocolate cyst. Usually the cyst wall is removed while doing cystectomy (removal of the cyst) to decrease the chances of recurrence. For this, you can consult your gynaecologist and take only progesterones or GnRH agoni...  Read Full »

Are there any medicines available to cure multiple cysts in ovary?

Query: Hi doctor, My niece aged 14 years weighs 60 kg. Recently her monthly cycles are not proper and she is having heavy pain at times in a day in her lower area. Recently we consulted a gynecologist and recommended to go for ultrasound scan of whole abdomen. In the scan report under ovaries section it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. I am really sorry to know your niece is suffering from stomach and irregular cycles. I understand it can be a very annoying problem. By the ultrasound report that you have given here, it seems your niece has PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). I...  Read Full »

I was advised surgery for ovarian cyst. What are the side effects?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old. I have ovarian cyst for the last two years. I have taken medicine (Norgest) but no improvement. I have to do all the tests (blood test, CA125, MRI, ultrasound, thyroid, urine, etc. According to my last report (three months ago), my ovarian cyst size is 42.10*34.82*3...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, you have a right hemorrhagic ovarian cyst, and paraovarian right sided cyst more than 5 cm which increased to this size in one year and surgery advised. This paraovarian cyst (hydatid of Morgagni) epithelium-lined fluid-filled cyst in adnexa adjac...  Read Full »