Medical Advice On "Addictions"

Dr. Anshul  Varshney
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My recommendations would be not to take Nicotine on regular basis. Instead of that, take it whenever you have craving for it. You may take up to 8 to 10 tablets initially, but you have to reduce that also, as few people ... View thread »

Dr. Syed Tehmid
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you have attached shows slightly enlarged tonsils with granular pharyngitis. There is nothing to worry. Your symptoms are due to chronic irritation of ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nicotex gum is may be useful in his case. The 4 mg dose of gum is recommended if he smokes 25 or more cigarettes per day, whereas the 2 mg dose if less. He should chew the gum whenever he has an urge to smoke. He can ... View thread »

Dr. Aneel Kumar
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. See smoking comes under the addiction to nicotine. Addiction has multifactorial etiology, for example, peer pressure, family history, personality factor, maladaptive way to deal with stressors, underlying anxiety, and ... View thread »

Dr. Ashwini  Nanasaheb  Talpe
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are regularly having alcohol, then yes, there are 10 to 15 percentage chances of having fetal alcohol syndrome. You should get NT scan done at 11 weeks 4 days. Start Folic Acid twice a day. After NT scan, take a ... View thread »

Dr. Ananth  S
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have some questions. How old is your dad? How heavy is his drinking? How long has he been drinking? To quit alcohol, the person has to firmly decide to do it. He should join an alcoholic recovery group. To reduce ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This looks like a cellulitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is an infection of subcutaneous tissue. He needs antibiotics and blood test. Convince him for visit. He will need a hemogram test, and ... View thread »

Dr. Ashaq Hussain  Parrey
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post, it is normal to have hard stools after quitting smoking for that you have to add a salad, do exercise, and take enough water. It is a temporary phenomenon which usually settles in three ... View thread »

Dr. Vandana   Patidar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, you need to listen to your friend, her pain, her feelings. Most of the people just want someone to listen. They do not do it to know the solution of the problem but just to pour out the stress and internal ... View thread »

Dr. Ajith Kumar  K N
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can try the following ayurvedic medicines: OCEM-5 drops (Richfield international) - two drops in a glass of lukewarm water twice a day. Indukantham kashayam - 15 mL+50 mL boiled and cooled water twice a day half ... View thread »