Medical Advice On "HIV and AIDS"

Dr. Rashi  Verma
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. It is most likely that fever and cough are due to common cold. Please do warm saline gargles several times a day to reduce the throat inflammation. You can also take steam inhalations to get ... View thread »

Dr. Jyotisterna   Mittal
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail. Early symptoms of HIV (flu like symptoms) usually appear after two weeks of HIV infection. The symptoms of swollen lymph nodes, fever, pain behind ears or legs can be no way attributed ... View thread »

Dr. Suneetha B S
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Firstly, stop worrying. There is a solution to your problem. It is true that unsterile needles used for tattooing can lead to the spread of certain blood-borne infections. HIV virus is quite ... View thread »

Dr. Meha  Malhotra
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly pre-existing lesion of herpes or any genital ulcer on the penis during sexual intercourse or oral sex increases the chances of HIV transmission. Your blood report came positive for Herpes 1 and 2. Herpes 1 mostly ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You had protected intercourse and so the chance of HIV is less. The mentioned symptoms are not suggestive of HIV. But still, for peace of the mind, it is advisable to investigate with CMIA combo ELISA test for HIV ... View thread »

Dr. Chandra  Prakash Tanwar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your anxiety but anyways sore throat and tonsillitis can happen to a normal person also. You have tested for HIV and that test has come negative. You need not worry as that test came negative which ... View thread »

Dr. Kakkar S
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HIV RNA PCR test is accurate after 9 to 13 days after the risk exposure. It can be used to detect early infection with HIV when most other screening tests are not yet reliable. However, it is not a confirmatory test and ... View thread »

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I can see that the episode is recent in time, I would suggest you use post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) as early as possible within 72 hours of exposure. The chances of HIV transmission are related to the status of your ... View thread »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The answers to your queries are: For PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) efficacy, adherence to the medications prescribed for PEP is the most important thing. PEP is really efficacious, To the best of my clinical practice, ... View thread »

Dr. Pratik   Patil
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please say whether the throat pain got resolved with medications. If you have it, then it is unlikely to be a cause due to HIV infection. Secondly, the home kit for HIV has a low sensitivity and low specificity. So, it ... View thread »