Medical Advice On "Infectious Diseases"

Dr. Nageswara Rao
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of the cold sores are due to HSV-1. If it is associated with genital lesions then more chances of STDs are there. If only cold sores, it is due to less immunity. Giving oral may or may not be the cause. As prevention ... View thread »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 10 years is quite a long time. It is highly unlikely that you can get rabies by an exposure 10 years back. Usually with infection of rabies virus, (through a bite of rabid animal) shows symptoms in 20 to 90 days. The ... View thread »

Dr. Rabia
Hi, Welcome to iciniq.com. If instruments are not properly sterilized and if the blood of any patient who has hepatitis, etc., present over that, it is possible that it can be transmitted. Usually, in salons the exfoliator they use does not ... View thread »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know these things first. 1. How did you come to know about having hepatitis B, usually HBsAg (surface antigen) is detected in the routine kits? 2. Had there been, any past history of jaundice? 3. Were you ... View thread »

Dr. Sampada Avinash  Thakare
Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. This is not a fungal infection, looks to be a bacterial infection. The wound has started healing due to antibiotics you are on. It is difficult to comment on the exact cause of lesion. Topically, you may consider the ... View thread »

Dr. Eeshani Dutta
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shingles is herpes zoster, which is the reactivation of the chicken-pox virus in the body due to an immunocompromised status like pregnancy. But thankfully, the effects are not disastrous for the unborn baby as your wife ... View thread »

Dr. Magesh T
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your complaints. It looks like you been having some fungal infection in the tongue which comes only when your immune system is a bit compromised. It also seems that you had been on treatment for syphilis. I want you ... View thread »

Dr. Afnan
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Staphylococcus aureus is a normal flora bacteria, if sensitive. Can you please tell me exactly if it is sensitive or resistant? Now, if you are taking any medications, continue with those medications. Like Paracetamol, ... View thread »

Dr. Magesh T
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Just saw your letter that you been having a difficulty breathing and you are concerned about pneumonia. I would like to get some more information in terms of fever, difficulty breathing, bringing up sputum. Is it yellow ... View thread »

Dr. Rabia
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Warts are treatable. Kindly always attach the picture of the lesion for reference. It is not necessary that warts come and go. Once you are treated properly it does not mean you have to suffer from it again and again. It ... View thread »