Medical Advice on "Cardiology"

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is an atrial ectopic or extra beat in other words. These occurs intermittently, so, ECG may be normal in between. These are not worrisome usually and most of the times without much significance. However, we need ... View thread »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib  Siddiq
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Look for right bundle branch block and axis deviation. If left anterior or posterior hemi-block is also present, this makes it bifascicular block. If AV block also, this makes trifascicular block. If left anterior and ... View thread »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib  Siddiq
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your worries. It is not common in general population. It occurs mostly in those who have heart attack, angina, have high blood pressure or some valvular disease, especially aortic valve. Other cause is ... View thread »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib  Siddiq
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Heart needs current to beat. Current is generated in sino-atrial node. It is like electric generator. It travels via bundle branches, which are like wires. Current goes from SA node to AV node via atrial bundles. Then ... View thread »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib  Siddiq
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. So the problem you mentioned are two 1. High blood pressure and 2. Heart rate 1. For BP, continue Diovan (Valsartan) 80 mg. Regarding Atenolol, it does not has many effects on BP, but has an effect of lowering heart ... View thread »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib  Siddiq
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. Holter monitoring is done to identify rhythm problems, to diagnose the type of arrhythmia, and its relation to daily activities, to detect heart blocks and to monitor treatment. Now depending upon ... View thread »

Dr. Ilir  Sharka
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. As the left atrial volume is apparently dilated and a prosthetic valve implanted, the anticoagulation would be necessary even though LAA closure would minimize the risk of thromboembolism. 2. Both drugs could not ... View thread »

Dr. Isaac  Gana
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The report on your ECG (electrocardiography) states that (attachment removed to protect patient identity) there is a presence of nonspecific intraventricular conduction delay. Some of the causes of this disorder are ... View thread »

Dr. Ilir  Sharka
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I want to explain that when we are in front of a cardiac conductance abnormality in an young adult first, it is necessary to exclude an infectious and inflammatory disease, like Lyme disease ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, she is now a candidate for mitral valve replacement. However, you should make a note that valve replacement is not a complete solution. Firstly, at this age, a mechanical valve is better considering the ... View thread »