Medical Advice on "Diabetology"

Dr. Qazi Mujahid Ali
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The medicine is fine. Divide her diet in six portions and decrease fat content as low as possible ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually fasting blood glucose is 126 mg and above is considered as diagnostic for diabetes. However, it is also possible that because of the dinner, fasting glucose might have shown a higher level. So to confirm ... View thread »

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diabetic enteropathy is not diagnosed after a single episode of diarrhea. Usually, it is chronic and intermittent with regular bowel movements in between. Constipation can also be present. Diarrhea can occur during ... View thread »

Dr. Qazi Mujahid Ali
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reasons for uncontrolled sugar are several even though you are taking medicine. 1. Sedentary life style. 2. What you eat, if you consume more fat or deep fried item in your diet, it is another reason. 3. ... View thread »

Dr. Qazi Mujahid Ali
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your test of HbA1c is too high. It is good that you have controlled your sugar with diet and exercise. But you should take some safe medication. But to control your sugar, you need some more lab test. Now you can ... View thread »

Dr. Suneetha B S
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. From your blood glucose levels, it is clear that the medication you are taking is not sufficient to control your blood glucose. You have not mentioned if you are taking Glycomet 250 once ... View thread »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there is a procedure called pancreatic transplant. It must be taking place in your place as well. You can click on the individual hospital website and check if they have a pancreatic transplant facility, but it ... View thread »

Dr. Kaveri  Dandapani
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding blood sugar levels, if a patient is diabetic and if she is on oral medication for diabetes, the sugar levels can be as have you stated (fasting blood sugar level more than the post prandial blood sugar). This ... View thread »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to tell you that different mechanism of our body act to control our fasting and postprandial sugars. Firstly, you are doing well with your blood sugars. The fasting sugar is slightly higher, but no issues. ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the details given. The glucose levels mentioned are normal. Only 106 mg shows a pre-diabetic fasting level. These levels are unlikely to affect the nerve function. From your information, I get a feeling ... View thread »

Ask a Diabetologist »